6 Reasons Why You Should See Big Fish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

This weekend marks the opening of the University of Scranton Players show Big Fish. Here are 6 reasons why you should see this larger-than-life performance.

The Story
Big Fish is the story of Edward Bloom, whose larger-than-life stories of epic adventures frustrate his son Will. Will fundamentally does not understand his father and is trying once and for all to separate fact from fiction. As Will and Edward’s relationship become increasingly strained, Will must decide whether to accept his father’s stories or risk losing him forever. Who wouldn’t want to see that?

It’s Hysterical
This show will have you laughing from beginning to end! Between the over the top stories and quick witted one liners you’ll be crying with laughter!

The Music Is Fantastic
That’s right! Big Fish is a musical, so get ready for show stopping dance numbers and songs that are so catchy you’ll be humming them in your sleep!

The Cast and Crew
Seeing the show is a great way to support your fellow classmates/friends! The cast is incredibly talented and will make you laugh, cry, and have you dancing in your seat during the big group numbers. Also, the crew seamlessly transformed the Royal Theatre to make it feel like you’re not in Scranton anymore, so it’s a great place to come an escape for a bit.

Break Your Weekend Routine
Instead of doing the usual dinner and a movie, mix it up and do dinner and a show. It’s a great way to unwind from a tough week and experience something new!

The Next Musical Isn’t Until 2018.
The Players do a musical every two years, which means if you don’t see Big Fish you’ll have to wait until 2018 to see another Players musical…that’s two years too long to wait.

There’s a Giant in It
This is 100% not a joke! You’ll just have to see it to believe it!

Performances of Big Fish run March 4, 5, 11 , & 12 at 8 p.m. and March 6 & 13 at 2 p.m. at The Royal Theatre in the McDade Center for Literary and Performing Arts.

Jordan Gruttadauria is a NEPA native that can't wait for a New York City lifestyle. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in Theatre. When she is not working on one of the theatre productions at Scranton, you can find Jordan either eating a burrito or binge watching Law and Order: SVU on Netflix(I mean who doesn't want to grow up one day to be Olivia Benson). Jordan and coffee are a bond that cannot be broken, so if you see her on campus expect her to have coffee cup in hand. She is very excited to start writing for Her Campus and share stories with other girls on campus. Follow her on Instagram @jordangruttadauria and on Twitter @jordaaann13
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_