6 Reasons Why Being Single During the Holidays is Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

So you missed cuffing season. And you know that at the next holiday dinner Aunt Louise is for sure going to ask (in front of everyone!) where your boyfriend is. Alas, have no fear. We have all been there. But being single during the holidays doesn’t have to suck. There’s so many reasons why it’s actually awesome ringing in the New Year dancing to single ladies!

Also tell Aunt Louise to mind her own business and maybe cut back on those mashed potatoes because summer is around the corner.

1. You get ~You Time~

This is the time you have no school, no work and so much time to chill out. Take a breather or start planning next semester! It’s all you!  

2. No worrying about the PERFECT gift

Every holiday season all I hear is people complaining about trying to find the BEST GIFT EVER for their significant other. Forget that! This year TREAT YO SELF! ​

3. Home for the holidays means GNOs

You and all your friends are finally home together and are in desperate need to catch up! But you also have to hang out with your boyfriend…SYKE! Catch up with your friends for much needed girl time! ​

4. Food comas for daysss

Part of being home for the holidays is the amazing food! And there’s no worry of scaring some hottie away with your beautiful food baby because you’re a single lady on the loose! (Side note: any hottie worth your time will like and respect your food baby!) ​

5. Focus on Family

Family time is so important! Years from now we are going to miss all the holidays spent together. This is the time to put in effort and hang out with your family-including nosy Aunt Frickin Louise. ​

6. Holiday Hookupz

So you don’t have a significant other right this second. But this just means you can go out in your hometown and find your old high school crush and show them what they missed out on!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so