5 Places that Capture the Beauty of Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.
Fenway Park

Fenway Park is one of the biggest attractions that resides in the city of Boston. Home of the Boston Red Sox and the famous Green Monster that stands 37.2 feet high. Once you walk out into the main stands of the stadium you are immediately overjoyed with the sight of the field and the fans. Some of my favorite things about going to games at Fenway Park are: the friends you make with the people sitting around you, the views of the field from any seat, and of course singing “Sweet Caroline” in the 8thinning! 

Boston Common and Public Garden 

The Boston Commons and Public Garden are long stretches of green that lay in the heart of the city. No matter what season it is the Commons and Garden are beautiful to walk through. In the summer and spring, the grass is a vibrant green and the flowers are in full bloom. There are also the Swan Boats which have been running since 1918! In winter there is ice skating on the Frog Pond and ice sculptures on display around New Years. These are the best places for walking around, reading, lounging, or picnicking in the city!

Quincy Market 

On the inside of Quincy Market also known as Faneuil Hall, is where you can find tons of different food of all types. Food store fronts line each side of the hall from, Chinese, Japanese, bakery’s, New England clam chowder, lobster, ice cream, you name it they have it. Outside of Quincy Market you can always find street performers and if you want to have a sit-down meal there are a series of restaurants on each side. For an extra bonus in the winter all the lining trees are lit up leading to a huge 90-foot tree at the end of Faneuil Hall which it lit up with lights that dance to Christmas music!

The North End 

The North End is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Boston it is also a lovely place to go for dinner and a walk around in the evening. There are numerous amazing restaurants especially Italian food. There is also one of my favorite dessert places called Mike’s Pastry where you can get such a variety of pastries and other desserts, the best are their cannoli’s! Another amazing feature about the North End is the water front of the harbor which is absolutely beautiful! 

Newbury Street 

Those who have been to Boston know that Newbury Street is the hub of shopping in the city. Brick buildings line the street filled with numerous stores from, H&M, Lush, Brandy Melville, American Eagle, and so many more. You could literally spend a full day walking up and down the street hitting every shop you could ever need for a day of shopping. Not to mention there are so many yummy food shops as well, a few being Amorino Boston, Ben & Jerry’s, and Georgetown Cupcakes! 

Renee Loati

Scranton '22

Hey! My name is Renee, I am from Boston which means I love the Red Sox! I also thoroughly enjoy horror movies, dancing with my team, and sharks! "I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I have been" - Winnie the Pooh
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.