5 New Shows You NEED to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Looking for a new show to curl-up with this fall? You’ve come to the right place!

1. The Handmaid’s Tale

Based on the bestselling novel by Margaret Atwood, this 2017 Emmy Award Winning Hulu original is set in a place called Gilead, a totalitarian society in what used to be the U.S. Environmental disaster has caused there to be a huge drop in birthrate causing the few fertile women left to be forced into sexual servitude. Starring Elizabeth Moss as June, Samira Wiley as Moira (also known as Poussey from OINTB) and Alexis Bledel as Ofglen (also known as Rory from Gilmore Girls.) They are determined to survive the terrifying world and fight for their freedom.

2 The Good Doctor

In this new HBO original, Freddie Highmore stars as Sean Murphy, an autistic surgeon with savant syndrome. Coming from a troubled childhood and inability to connect with those around him, he is determined to overcome the skepticism of his colleagues and accomplish his dream of becoming a successful surgeon.

3. Big Little Lies

This HBO miniseries stars Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, and Shailene Woodley as three mothers living in Monterey, California. In this town of wealth, stunning homes, affairs and murder the three moms try to navigate their way through.

4. Insecure

This HBO original comedy series starring Issa Rae (Issa) and Yvonne Orji (Molly), two best friends navigate the real world and cope with an endless series of awkward experiences. Insecure analyzes the experiences many women of color encounter on a day to day basis.

5. Atypical

This Netflix original series follows 18-year-old Sam on the autism spectrum. He has decided it’s time for him to dive into the world of romance. With the help from his friends and family, he begins to grow more and more independent and his mother struggles to keep up.

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so