sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

5 Natural Beauty Tips to Feel Beautiful Inside & Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Most of us have days when we aren’t feeling our best, and certainly wouldn’t mind a little pampering to detox from our college craziness. Here are five easy and natural beauty remedies that will make you look and feel like the shining star you are!

1. Coffee Scrub

There are currently tons of trendy (and expensive) coffee scrubs popping up everywhere, but did you know you could create your own at home for a fraction of the price?

Ingredients: Damp coffee grounds and olive oil and any essential oils like lavender for smell.

Directions: Mix to form a paste and apply to desired areas while rubbing in a circular motion.

Benefits: Coffee scrubs help to reduce the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. It is a great exfoliator and helps with dry skin, and it also smells heavenly

2. Baking Soda Face Mask 

Feeling a little oily and like your pores are huge today? This mask is the perfect thing to help rejuvenate your skin and get you back to feeling your best!

Ingredients: ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey and ¼ teaspoon water

Directions: Stir all ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Apply the mixture onto your face using a circular motion. After two minutes, rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with a soft clean towel.

Benefits: Baking soda gets rid of dirt, grime, pollution and excess sebum from deep within the pores. Honey, cleanses skin and removes excess sebum. Destroys germs that cause acne and moisturizes oily skin. Lemon juice has disinfecting properties that kill off acne causing germs on the skin’s surface, which prevents breakouts on oily skin.

3. Coconut Oil Lip Scrub 

Since the weather cannot decide if it is winter or spring, your skin you might need a pick-me-up for chapped lips.  Here is a lip scrub that will have them kissable in no time!

Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil (olive oil is also an option I just find it a bit more messy), ½ teaspoon of brown sugar

Directions: Pour the sugar into the coconut oil.

Mix it together with your finger by swirling it around until it becomes a paste. Cover your entire lip area with the paste and start scrubbing back and forth with your finger. Let it sit for a minute for extra moisture

Wipe it off with a damp cloth (or lick it off because its completely natural and yummy)

Benefits: Soft, moisturized lips for days!

4. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse 

After straightening and curling my hair 4-5 times a week it can start to feel a little dead and dry. To remedy this I (hear me out) have given up using my shampoo. In replacement I have started to use apple cider vinegar and I will never go back!

Ingredients: Apple cider vinegar- the amount depends on the length of your hair but usually 2 cups is enough, Water- depending on how much ACV you use the ratio is 2:1

Directions: Mix together in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto your scalp and rub it in how you would your shampoo. Let it sit in your hair for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly (make sure not to get any in your eyes, it burns) then condition as normal.

Benefits:  Balances hair and scalp pH, seals the hair cuticle which helps make hair look shiny and healthy, treats dandruff, itchy and dry scalp works as a natural detangler it also encourages hair growth!

5. Olive Oil for Lashes and Brows 

Keep your brows on fleek with this tip

Ingredients: ½ teaspoon of olive oil (coconut oil or caster oil depending on your preference)

Directions: Take a cotton swab and dip it in your olive oil rub it on the roots of your eye lashes and on your brows. Sleep with is on and wash off in the morning.

Benefits: Keeping your brows and lashes moisturized while your asleep will help them grow long and strong! You’ll see results in the first few days!

Bonus tip: Get a multivitamin (it can be a gummy version, but for adults) and take it EVERYDAY! Seriously it will make your hair, skin and nails grow and your body will love you for it! You’ll feel energized and empowered and you’ll start to see a difference after 2 weeks.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or professional, these are my own personal beauty tips and results may vary.

Latrice is a junior communication major at The University of Scranton.  Besides being a burrito connoisseur, she prides herself on her often confusing yet entertaing instagram posts (@leebea_) and how much time she spends perfecting her pinterest boards. After graduating she hopes to work in public relations. She is so happy to be apart of the HC Scranton team. 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so