This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.
Recess

When I was young this was my favorite T.V. show to watch after school, this Disney Channel show aired from 1997-2001 and was a staple in my childhood. “Recess” is a cartoon show about the lives of 6 fourth graders who have to work out different problems and challenges on the school playground. They must deal with scary teachers, teacher’s pets, older kids and even the kindergarteners to make the most out of their recess!

Life With Derek 

This T.V. show was one that I personally watched as a kid but had forgotten about till just recently. I do, however, remember loving it!This show aired on Disney Channel from 2005 to 2009 and had a total of 4 seasons. It revolves around two families who merge together when their parents get married bringing five new siblings together. Two of those being Derek and Casey two teenagers who now have a rivalry trying to determine who rules the household!

My Life as a Teenage Robot 

This show was definitely one that I watched all the time when I was a kid and still sometimes watch now! “My Life as a Teenage Robot” aired on Nickelodeon from 2003 to 2005 and had a total of 3 seasons. This cartoon masterpiece revolved around a teenage robot named XJ9 who called herself Jenny. She so desperately wanted to be normal. Jenny was allowed to go to school and hang around town, but when danger called she was always the one there to save the day! 

American Dragon: Jake Long

This cartoon show “American Dragon: Jake Long” was a more obscure T.V. show that I found myself loving and always watching as a kid. This show unfortunately only had two seasons airing from 2005 to 2007 on Disney. The title might give it away, but this show was about a young boy named Jake Long trying keeping his secret about being a dragon. With the help of his grandfather and trusty dog he is able to keep his dragon descent a secret while training to be the American Dragon!

The Wild Thornberry’s

“The Wild Thornberry’s” is a T.V. show that both my sister and I used to watched because we loved laughing at the adventures this cartoon family would take. This show aired on Nickelodeon from 1998-2004 and revolved around the Thornberry family and the adventures they had in the wild. The main character Eliza Thornberry had the ability to talk to animals, so she would bring her best friend Darwin the monkey along with her to help other animals in the wild!

Renee Loati

Scranton '22

Hey! My name is Renee, I am from Boston which means I love the Red Sox! I also thoroughly enjoy horror movies, dancing with my team, and sharks! "I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I have been" - Winnie the Pooh
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.