This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

By Ethan Connors

As we’re slowly approaching the New Year, we have been introduced to many artists throughout the year. Many I’m sure you haven’t heard before! Ranging from pop to punk to dance, this list will expand your music library and open you up to a world of new and upcoming artists.

1. Superache by Conan Gray

Broken hearted? Look no further! Superache is Conan Gray’s sophomore album that was released earlier this year. The album features its popular lead singles “Memories” and “Yours”. It is primarily a pop/ballad album, with raw vocals and lyrics that will definitely pull your heartstrings. The “Heather” singer never fails to impress!

2. Hold The Girl by Rina Sawayama

This album is a potpourri of genres! Sawayama opens the album with “Minor Feelings”, an electronic ballad, and closes it with an experimental pop song “To Be Alive”, which celebrates her personal journey while writing the album. Other songs such as the title single, “Hold The Girl”, is a letter to her past self while “Holy (Till You Let Me Go)” tells the story of her faith while growing up. The rest of her songs dabble in country, alternative, punk and dance.

3. SUCKERPUNCH by Maggie Lindemann

Maggie Lindemann’s sophomore album is definitely one that will make you want to scream (in a good way)! SUCKERPUNCH is pure pop/punk rock that will make anyone feel empowered. Her previous EP, “PARANOIA”, only teased what was to come on this album. Her lead singles “She Knows It” and “You’re Not Special” really show off Lindemann’s high-ranged vocals.

4. Girl of My Dreams by FLETCHER

This pop album tells the story and struggles of love. FLETCHER sings about relatable topics throughout the album, such as having insecurities in “Better Version” and overthinking situations in “Conversations”. A personal favorite of mine is “Becky’s So Hot”, where FLETCHER is confused emotionally and is displaying both jealousy and admiration of her ex’s new relationship.

5. Bronco by Orville Peck

If you like soft country and alternative music, this album is for you! Peck’s album is full of country-esque ballads with his Elvis Presley style of vocals. “Let Me Drown” and “Kalahari Down” are powerful ballads with a nostalgic feel. On the other hand, “Lafayette” and “Any Turn” make you want to dance! This album is surely an emotional roller coaster.

Aimee Mockler

Scranton '24

Hi! I am one of the Campus Correspondents of HerCampus at the University of Scranton. I am a third-year occupational therapy major with a minor in psychology. I love to bake and also participate in theater on campus!