4 Reasons Why A Campus Love Your Melon Crew is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Many of us have seen the beanies braving Scranton winter this semester, but some of us may not know how important those hats actually are. Love Your Melon was founded by two college sophomores (yes sophomores!) who dreamed of putting a hat on every child battling cancer. The company has set up a network of student ambassadors to help spread the mission of Love Your Melon throughout their campuses and cities.

1. Your purchase is helping fund an amazing cause
Imagine a world when we no longer have to see pictures of a child battling a disease flash across our newsfeeds. Purchasing a product from Love Your Melon helps fuel a countrywide mission to beat childhood cancer once and for all.

2. The products are really cute
Whether you prefer beanies or baseball caps, tanks or tees, Love Your Melon has it all.

3. You get to be right in the middle of the action
When your school has a Campus Crew, you are able to see that your purchases actually are making a difference. The more purchases that are made under your crew’s name, the more your crew is able to visit children battling cancer and provide them with a hat. If your crew has social media pages, as most do (including Scranton LYM!), you are able to see all of the amazing things they are accomplishing.

4. You get to make a difference
Even if you’re not a part of a crew, supporting Love Your Melon in any way helps change the the life of a child battling cancer. Knowing that you are able to help make that child smile for just a minute during the day should be all the incentive that you need to go out and support your crew!

Visit loveyourmelon.com and help make a difference! Be sure to click Scranton Campus Crew at checkout! 

Emily is a Scranton native trying to make a name for herself. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Finance. When she's not goofing off with her friends or spending time with her family, there is a very big chance that she's binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Emily has a love-hate relationship with Moe's Southwest Grill and would probably eat chips and queso for every meal if it didn't mean that she'd have to work out afterwards. She loves being a part of Her Campus Scranton and can't wait to see what her future holds!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so