This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Mother’s Day is just around the corner (May 10th, you’re welcome!), and since we’re all stuck in quarantine, it might be a lot more difficult to buy presents for your mothers this year. Instead, here are 4 great Mother’s Day gifts that you can make by yourself at home!

1 Decorated Chocolate-Covered Strawberries

These aren’t as difficult as they sound. You’ll need: fresh strawberries, melted chocolate (you can make this by melting chocolate chips in the microwave!), and sprinkles/edible decorations of your choice. Be creative and extra with the decorations and refrigerate them when finished. Just make sure your mother doesn’t see them before Mother’s Day!

2 Mother-Daughter Photo Album

This one is quite sentimental; your mom is guaranteed to love it! Cut out a bunch of pictures of you and your mother and put them in an old photo album or a DIY book. Add little captions to the pictures and decorate the album for a special touch.

3 Personalized Mug

This is the easiest Mother’s Day gift option on this list. Simply take a plain white mug you may have lying around and customize it for your mom. You can use paint/paint markers to spice it up and include the word “mom” on the front!

4 Sugar Scrub

Body scrubs are a great form of self-care that moms very much need! To make your mother a sugar-sweet scrub, all you’ll need is brown sugar, coconut oil, and an essential oil of your choice. Mix all of these ingredients together (which you most likely already have at home!), put the scrub into a nicely decorated mason jar, and you’re done!

Top off any of these simple DIY gifts with a sentimental handwritten card and you’re set for Mother’s Day in quarantine. Stay safe and tell your mother you love her! 

Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.