element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

30 Scranton Girls Reveal Relationship Red Flags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Hello there. Girls, please take notice and guys, please take notes. Prepare yourself to read what the girls of Scranton have to say about red flags regarding the opposite sex.

“When he dumps all of his family baggage on you before the first date.” -Rebecca

“Tells you what you can or cannot wear.” -Tess

“Gets jealous of the time you spend with your girlfriends.” -Emily

“If they still wear their high school varsity jacket.” -Cassie

“If he yells at his mom on the phone in front of you or in front of people.” -Elle

“If you offer to pay and he says ok.” -Isabelle

“If he tells you his baggage about his ex-girlfriend…you better know who I’m about to stalk on instagram.” -Gianna

“If he bluntly tells you he’s just trying to Netflix and chill.” -Amanda

“Tells you that you’re an attention seeker if you dress nice for class.” -Cat

“If he overstays his welcome. Like its 3 p.m. leave my room, bye.” -Annie

“Freaks out if you have any guy friends.” -Naomi

“Guys who are bad tippers.” -Bridget

“A guy who talks badly to his family (mom in particular) will eventually talk badly to you. If he curses at his mom he’ll likely start cursing at you.” -Rachel

“If he doesn’t post anything about you on social media.” -Anna

“A guy who won’t let you see his phone.” -Karly

“Alcoholic.” -Gabby

“If a guy doesn’t take you out in public.” -Kayla

“if you’re together drunk more than you are sober.” -Liz

“if you feel like you can’t be yourself in order to keep him.” -Francesca

“he says everything you want to hear, but never follows through.” -Jenna

“if he only talks about himself and doesn’t genuinely want to learn about you.” -Mary

“if he’s only complimented your looks, but not your personality.” -Maria

“if you have to force the conversation, he’s not the one for you.”-Megan

“when guys always have their phone but take forever to answer you.” -Patricia

“when they think they’re better than everyone else.” -Maggie

“fear of commitment, don’t be embarrassed of me and you must be comfortable with yourself.” -Elise

“if he calls everyone “dude” or “bro”, if he has a poor appetite and is mean to inferiors.” -Tricia

“when they refuse to acknowledge your relationship with your family and friends.” -Alex

“Drugs.” -Ally

“unorganized, mentally and physically.” -Kelcy 

Hailing from New Jersey, Donna is just as loving as her last name portrays her to be. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is positive that the song "Rather Be" was written about her past semester studying abroad in Australia. Donna lives for the dance floor, her three dogs and frozen yogurt. If you see her without her signature pearl earrings, just please, offer a sister some lovin. Follow her on Instagram @d0nzette & Twitter @DAmore55 !
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_