10 Things That Hold True For You And Your Scranton Bestie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you’re lucky then you’ll find that person who knows you inside and out, helps brighten your days, makes you laugh like crazy and overall just brings happiness to your life!  For me, my best friend Amanda is that person.  We have countless memories and have shared the best of times together.  I wouldn’t trade our dance parties, movie and wine nights, or our weird friendship for anything!  If your friendship is anything like ours, here are some 10 things you know hold true…

1. You love having dance parties together

Whether it’s a random Monday night or a Saturday afternoon, you and your bestie are always down for a good dance party that includes awesome throwbacks, horrible singing, and some funky dance moves.

2. You eat.. lots

Wether it’s going to DeNaples for the fourth time that day for late night or stopping at the POD for some Ben and Jerry’s, your bestie is your favorite person to pig out with, especially when stressing over school work.

3. You both laugh so hard that you cry

Let’s face it, when you’re with your person you truly cannot hold in the laughter.  Most of the time it’s not really that funny, except between you two because you can laugh at the smallest of things.  

4. You act like children

When you’re with your best friend, the little kid inside comes out.  When you’re together you are truly yourself, so whether it’s pushing each other in shopping carts, doing handstands and wall twerks, jumping on the bed or taking aimless drives around Scranton, you can act like a little kid again!

5. Her closet becomes your closet

What’s a best friend if you can’t share clothes?  One seems to always have what the other needs, whether it’s a cute shirt to wear out, your favorite comfy sweatshirt or sweatpants or even jeans, your BFF has it.

6. You late-night chat and have deep convo

I don’t know about you, but I love when my bestie and I talk for hours about anything and everything. From life to boys to school, she’s the person you can tell anything.  Pouring your heart out to your best friend and having each other’s back is the best feeling.

7. You binge watch tv shows together

What would friendship be if it didn’t include binge watching the same Netflix show together?  If you’re anything like Amanda and me, Grey’s may have taken up a big chunk of your year.

8. You always boost each other up

Whether your hair isn’t cooperating, your face is breaking out or you’re just having a plain old bad day, your bff is always there to keep you feeling good and boost your self-esteem.

9. You’re each other’s number one cheerleader

You can always count on your bff to provide you support and encouragement in whatever you may be going through.  In good times and hard times, your bestie will always be your biggest cheerleader.

10. You’re sisters forever 

Lastly, you and your best friend may not be biologically related but sure enough there is no one more that you would consider your family.

Kaitlin is a junior Early and Primary Childhood Education major, and due to her love for children, hopes to become a teacher. She also plans on studying abroad in Australia next semester. Besides going to class, she loves spending time with her family and friends. Some of Kaitlin's favorite things include summertime, country music, reading, and being near the water.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so