10 Things to Do Around Scranton This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Reapers Revenge

If you are looking for a fright, this haunted attraction will be a real thrill and it is under a twenty-minute drive from campus. The haunted hayride, dark forest, maze to the unknown and zombie apocalypse will give you goosebumps! Reapers Revenge is located at 460 Green Grove Road, Scranton, PA 18447.

Robas Family Farm

If you have a hankering to apple pick, scour a corn maze, enjoy a hayride, sit by a fire, or pet furry friends, Robas is the place to be. Admission is $15.95, but only $10 on Fridays if you show your student ID! With the pumpkin patch and fall scenery, this is the perfect place for a photo opt as well! Located at 230 Decker Rd, Dalton, PA 18414, it is only a twenty-minute ride from the U. 

Mulberry Bush Farmers market

Under a five-minute walk off campus, there is a farmer’s market on Mulberry Street offering everything from fresh vegetables, apples, and honey to decorative pumpkins, gourds, and scarecrows! Don’t forget to pick up their delicious apple cider when you’re there, it’s only three dollars per bottle!

Nay Aug Park

Within walking distance up Mulberry Street, Nay Aug Park is the perfect place to venture through beautiful trails while gazing at endless trees flourished with color. If you explore far enough to find the scenic overlooks, a waterfall and an array of rock walls await!

Decorate your dorm

With a Rite Aid around the corner from campus and a Walmart and Target not too far, it’s easy to purchase an array of Halloween decorations for a low cost, so grab a few decorations and get festive! You could hang a skeleton or a sign to transform your normal dorm room into a spooky realm. If you are not into scary antics, that’s okay, get into the fall spirit and add a few jack-o-lantern stickers to your door or display a pumpkin on your desk!

Get Baking

What gets you more excited for the cold weather other than Halloween cookies or homemade pumpkin and apple pies? There are so many fall treats and recipes to be made. Head over to our Pinterest to explore new recipes and ways to make pumpkin flavored everything!

If you are not a baker

Baking is not your thing, don’t worry; you can still get your pumpkin fix! Luckily, Scranton’s campus has plenty of cafes offering delicious fall treats. Walk over to Leahy if you’re craving a pumpkin flavored bagel with pumpkin spread from Einstein’s, try out the Caramel Apple Javalanche from Java City, and of course don’t forget to get the basic PSL from Starbucks!

Gravestone Manor

This is not your typical haunted house. Each year, Gravestone Manor has a new original play. This year’s show is about a house party that ended in terror. As the cast brings the audience through the house, the audience has to solve the mystery! Shows run from 7-11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and 7-9:30 p.m. on Sundays. Hurry up and check it out because the last performance is October 29! It is located at 1095 Highway 315 Plains, PA in the Trion Warehouse, only a twenty-minute drive from the U.

BMHA Fall Fest & Food Truck

On October 14 from 2-6 p.m. get ready for carnival games, pumpkin picking and LOTS of food trucks. Head over to the Blue Mountain Harvest Assembly’s Second Annual Food Truck and Fall Fest Fare at 340 Carverton Road in Trucksville, PA (a 30 minute drive from campus!) Vendors that will be selling food include: Boschis’ Gourmet Apples, Fire & Ice, Mannings Ice Cream, Pittston Popcorn Company, Uncle Buck’s BBQ and Yogi’s Ethnic Foods.

Circle Drive-In

Drive-Ins aren’t just something you’ve seen in TV shows? You got that right, there is a theater located about fifteen minutes away from campus at 1911 Scranton Carbondale Hwy, Dickson City, PA 18508-1145. Grab a friend with a car and enjoy while the weather is nice!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so