This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Last Friday was a picture perfect day here in Savannah. The sun was shining, the humidity was, well, tolerable, and the tourists were out and about in abundance. Unfortunately for me, I was watching all of this from a window on the second floor of SCAD’s Jen Library doing research for my History of Textiles class. As midterms roll around, I know that many more study sessions are in my very near future. When planning my outfits for a long day of studying, I always want to look cute, but still be comfortable.

I chose to layer a sheer, lace tank top over a staple black cami. I paired this with a polka dot midi skirt, which is one of the softest items of clothing I own. A word of advice? The temperature in the library can be fickle, so make sure to wear or bring layers that can easily transition from warm to cooler temps.

For me, I definitely work better when I’m wearing nice clothes. Silly, I know, but it makes me feel more confident than if I am wearing sweats or running shorts. Whether you’re doing a little bit of light reading, or in the midst of an all-night cram session, your style can always be A+.

What I’m Wearing: Black cami from Old Navy, a lace tank from Target, polka dot midi skirt from Forever 21, a thrifted pair of Enzo Angiolini shoes, and miscellaneous accessories.

Photos by John La Porta

Designer, cat lover, and lipstick enthusiast. SCAD class of 2016. Fibers major. mynameisolivia.com