What Does Your Fav Lipstick Shade Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Lipstick not only draws attention towards your lips, but also gives an understanding to your personality. You select your lipstick shades the same way you choose your outfit; it’s your own sense of style. But what does your favorite lipstick shade say about you? Here’s a list of some popular shades, and what they reveal about your personality. 

Bright Pink: Pink is the color of universal love of oneself and others. It reflects your playful, sweet and feminine personality. You’re good at making friends and meeting new people. You have a sense of sophistication and elegance with a tinge of innocence.

Red: Red is a very emotionally intense color. It is often associated with fire and blood, which reflects the energy, power and determination of a person. You’re a very confident and self-dependent person who is very outgoing, which makes you sensuous.

Nude: It suggests a natural or conventional covering. You’re an outgoing person as the color in itself means not covered. You’re a very down-to-earth person who is very confident about their skin. People often tend to fall in love with your sweet and bold personality.

Purple: Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red. You’re a very feminine and romantic, yet bold and independent person. You have a very regal personality. The tones of purple indicate a little mystery. Sometimes you might seem unapproachable to others.

Black: Not everyone can pull it off, but if you can that indicates that you’re a very bold and daring person. You thrive to set yourself apart from the crowd through your personal style. You tend to have an amazing taste in music.

Are your favorite shades spot-on to your personality? Let us know in the comments below!