element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for a SCAD Student

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Being a SCAD student is the opposite of easy. Contrary to what your friends/family may say at your holiday get-togethers, it’s much more than creating a drawing, or making clothes. Since the only people that understand the struggle of being a SCAD student are SCAD students, who better to create your ultimate gift guide for the holiday season? The Her Campus SCAD team has gathered a few goodies, perfect for every kind of student on campus.

For the Stresser…….

Obviously we all get stressed, but some of our bodies don’t handle it well. Stress breakouts are the #1 cause of acne among 18-24 year olds, so why not prevent it? Proactiv acne treatment is the perfect gift for any student who is acne prone. 

For the Sickly Student……

Some people have better immune systems than others, but we all have that one friend who always seems to have a cold/virus. Though rest is one of the best cures, we have to be realistic….what SCAD student (or any student) actually rests? One of the best gifts for a sickly student on-the-go would have to be cold-eeze. Though they don’t taste the best, they start working within 20 minutes.

For the Not so Top Chef……..

Unless you’re related to some master chef, chances are you cooking is not your forte. Fast food and takeout can take a toll on your body, but chipotle has us covered. Though some may consider it “fast food” it is probably one of the healthiest options on the market. Grab your friends, and treat them to a burrito bowl with guac FOR FREE with BOGO chipotle cards.

For the Oversleeper……..

How many of you like 8am??? Though hitting the snooze or setting a million alarms may seem like a good idea when you’re half asleep. But when you realize you have 10 minutes to get out of bed, get dressed, and get to class, you’re probably freaking out. Instead of looking like you just rolled out of bed tame your bedhead in seconds. TRESemme Sea Salt Spray is perfect for your early morning start. Just add a few sprays to your hair, and it will look like you just stepped off of Tybee (and smell like it…in a good way).

For the Cool Cat………

We all have that one friend who is always cold. It can be 70 degrees, and she/he is wearing a sweater and jeans. Don’t even get me started on going over to their house…..BLANKETS EVERYWHERE. Why not add to the blanket collection, and get a show stopper. Vera Bradley has expanded their product line over the years, and have created some of the coziest blankets. Guaranteed to be their favorite.

For the Camel……..

The average individual is supposed to drink 8 glasses of water each day. Back-to-back classes at SCAD is a total of 5 hours. To stay properly hydrated throughout the day, water bottles are a necessity. Stay environmentally friendly, and purchase a reusable bottle like this sleek design by Sorel. The metal hardware is bound to keep your drink cold for hours, and can easily sneak tea/soda into those “water only” classrooms.

For the Fashionista………

Buying a gift for a fashionista is probably one of the most difficult tasks of all times. Since they tend to have a particular (or better words picky) style, it can be nerve-racking to purchase for them. Flash tats were such a big trend last spring at all the music festivals. However, Michael Kors has given those tats an upgrade. MK created SCENTED FLASH TATS!!!! It gives your outfit the coolest semi-permeate accessory while getting to smell like one of your favorite perfumes.

We hope this gift guide gave you insight on what to buy your friend/family member. The Her Campus SCAD team would love to wish you all a happy holidays, and a happy new year. We can’t wait to bring you all new content next semester!   

Hello! My name is Angela Kastrunes. I am a senior Fashion Marketing and Management student at SCAD. I am the founder/CC for Her Campus-SCAD. Our chapter has grown so much over the past 3 years. I'm excited to say we have expanded to the Atlanta campus, and now have over 20 members combined. It's very bittersweet to realize this is my last year, working as a CC for HC. After graduation I hope to either work in social media management, PR for a fashion brand/music label, or as an editor of a fashion magazine (or Her Campus Nationals).