photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Tips For Having a Great Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

One of the cool things about college is that you have a lot of new friends to celebrate holidays with. So if you can’t make it home for Thanksgiving or you want fun way to relax before finals season begins, having a friendsgiving party is a great way to spend more time together.

Image courtesy of Boston.com

ACTIVITIES

Game Night

Image courtesy of Pinterest

Playing some games is a classic way for the whole group to have fun. You can go old school with board games like Monopoly and Life. Or if you really feel like learning more about your friends’ personalities, pull out Cards Against Humanity. All are sure ways to have a good laugh while building new memories.

Movie Marathon

image courtesy of Hooked on Houses

Holiday breaks are always the perfect time to tackle your Netflix queue. You can finally finish the 8th season of Friends or you can rewatch all of your favorite nineties movies. Some fun titles to look into are: 13 Going On 30, The Imitation Game, Frida, 10 Things I Hate About You, and a Cinderella Story.

Art Party

Image courtesy of DVDTalk

Another fun activity is to have everyone bring a bunch of art supplies and have a group art party. Making pieces for fun instead of for schoolwork is always a good way to relieve stress and working in groups can help you build upon old ideas and even get new ones for future projects. Be sure to document the fun with frequent Polaroid snaps!

FOOD

Order In

Image courtesy of Buzzfeed

If you’re having a cozy night in and are feeling particularly lazy, the perfect thing to do is to order dinner in. Some classic, fail-proof staples are pizza and Chinese food. Whatever the group is in the mood for, or even both!

Go Out

Image courtesy of Pinterest

If you really feel like celebrating having the group all together, a fun thing to do is have everyone dress up and go out to dinner. The most difficult part will probably be choosing the restaurant so keep in mind everyone’s general budget and food preferences, location of the restaurant to see if you can walk or would need to drive, and how late they are open. And above all, if your group is really big, call ahead for reservations.