This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Fall. It’s cozy, it’s festive and it’s beginning to get cold. The changing of seasons is a brand new start, but along with a new start comes a new wardrobe. The transition from summer to fall clothing can be a brutal one because let’s face it, as a college student we don’t have the space to bring all our fall essentials with us at the beginning of the year especially since it’s still pretty much summer weather. I mean have you seen a dorm wardrobe?? Yet most of us also don’t have the cash to spend on investing in all new jackets, sweaters and boots when it does get a little bit cooler- no matter how badly we want to. A few pieces here and there is always a must but warm coats that are both cute and functional are not only difficult to find, but can also cost a bomb. So to help you save a little cash and show you how to wear your favorite double slit skirt throughout the fall, here are four ways to incorporate your summer pieces into your fall style.

First the coveted white ripped jeans. I am a firm believer that you can absolutely wear white after Labor Day, (who came up with that rule anyway?) Although this outfit isn’t the most typically fall, it still is super cute and very easy to accomplish and you can switch the colors out to match your favorite color palette!

So we started off with basic white jeans and a navy t-shirt, but to stay warm and make you look a little more fall add an oversized blazer, dark sneakers and some cat eye sunglasses and your good to go!

Next up is the double slit maxi skirt, these were definitely on trend this summer, and if your anything like me, you’re probably very unwilling to put it away for next year. Well now you don’t have to! Pair the skirt with a tight ribbed top or bodysuit, chunky boots, a big floppy hat and an oversized denim jacket. If your feeling super fall a fluffy bag also pairs beautifully!

Those floral shorts that you wore every day because they were basically pajamas that were acceptable to wear in public, can actually be super cute for fall too! Pair them with black tights, leather boots and a white turtle neck and your good to go! Don’t forget accessories are key so a bag to tie in the colors of your shorts to the rest of your outfit and a sleek bun can make all the difference.

Finally, the off the shoulder top was a summer staple this year, they were sexy without being too revealing. So why not transition it to a fall appropriate piece? Simply, put on a leather skirt and some suede boots and you are bound to look both chic and on trend.

Lesson learned? Don’t put those summer pieces in a box hidden away under your bed just yet! Be creative, your summer looks can always transition into fall!

Photgraphy By Jessica Caughron

Hey! Im Alyssa, i'm a freshman at SCAD planning to major in Fashion Marketing and Management! I love all things fashion and i'm from India and Houston, TX but i've lived in Dubai almost my entire life! I promise we will get through college together!