Summer Dreams via Anthropologie Seams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

I have seen numerous Facebook statuses recently from my friends back home who are kicking off the start of summer vacations. For us SCAD Bees, however, we’ve still got about two more weeks of classes.That being said, my motivation is out the window with everyone who is relaxing on a beach somewhere far, far away. To get myself through the remaining weeks, I’ve been daydreaming of all sorts of fun summer shenanigans.Where I come from, summer means days spent out on the lake, drive-in movie marathons, blueberry picking, and sweet tea by the gallon.These musings wouldn’t be complete without the perfect outfits to compliment each and every adventure I fathom, as I slave over my finals. Whenever I need a little pick-me-up, I usually head to Anthropologie’s website, which never fails to have the most swoon-worthy inspirations. While perusing, I found some pieces for the perfect summer. Even though this fashionista is on a tight budget, at least I will be stylish in my dreams.

1. Zimmermann Floral Haze Maillot 

Okay, so this bathing suit is way, way, WAY out of my budget, but it is so stunning. Added bonus? It would cover the scar I would have from selling an organ for the money to purchase it…Oops.

2. Shimmered Lilac Backpack

I’ve been on a lilac kick lately, so bear with me here (Essie’s ‘Lilacism’ has been on my nails for the last week and a half). This backpack is perfect for toting all of my beach or lake day essentials.Toss in a bottle of sunscreen, a good book (I recommend “If I Stay” by Gayle Forman), some cat-eye sunnies, and you’re all set!

3. Niagara Romper

I am a huge advocate of rompers. Not only do they save me time while I’m getting dressed, but they can be oh-so chic, like this one! Pair it with a pair of Keds and a pendant necklace for a day of hitting up flea market sales, or dress it up with strappy wedges and a beaded clutch for a night out at the beach.

4. Ree D’Orsays flats

I was not blessed with pretty feet (fifteen years of dancing definitely took its toll…yikes…), so I’m not too crazy about sandals. Instead, I lean more towards funky flats when I run around town on hot, sunny days. These nude flats not only have a snazzy ankle strap, but it is adorned with all kinds of fabulous, textural embellishments, and they are perfect for looking professional, yet fashionable at a summer internship. 

5. Witty Pony Holders

I know I am guilty of constantly reusing a boring, black ponytail holder when I need to throw my hair up in a jiffy. However, why not beat the heat with these adorable, patterned pony holders? Even if no one notices this tiny detail of your overall look, you will know that the back of your head is anything but ridiculous.

All images via Anthropologie

Designer, cat lover, and lipstick enthusiast. SCAD class of 2016. Fibers major. mynameisolivia.com