This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

When you hear the term “campus celebrity,” Scott Powell is a definite choice amongst the SCAD social scene. His social and party experiences give the movie-perfect example of the typical college freshman experience. When he’s not at lacrosse practice or games, he puts his heart and soul into his passion for film. Check out HerCampus’ exclusive interview with Scott below to learn more about the SCAD athletic and social scene, and how his passion for film began.  

Hometown? Swampscott, MA

Year? Freshman

Major? Film and Television with a minor in Advertising

What position do you play on lacrosse? Goalie

What is the hardest part about lacrosse? Time Management. And Running.  

What do you enjoy the most about lacrosse? The overall experience of being a part of a team, and the brotherhood of it.

What are the parties like at SCAD? A lot of them are pretty weird, but if you get used to them and know the right people to hang out with, you can have a good time. The lacrosse parties are the best because you know everyone there and they’re basically just social get-togethers with your team off the field.

What’s the craziest or funniest thing that has happened to you in college? On my way back home on my flight, I met this med student that was in training to be a doctor in Savannah. The flight was delayed and he wanted to go to the club with his friends. He started ordering drinks on the plane and he was like “Dude just buy yourself a drink,” and I was like “Ok, sure.” I started ordering them and by the end of the flight we were hammered and the flight attendant came over with the bill and it was probably $70 for each of us. She was around our age so we started flirting with her and she let us have the drinks for free. Before we got off the plane the guy told me to hit him up when I’m in Savannah, and I actually did last weekend and we hung out .

How long have you been interested in film? All my life. When I was young, probably in 7th grade, I would always try to make films with my brothers on my dad’s camera from the nineties, and we would sword fight. When I got to high school I got involved in our local access community channel and throughout high school I worked at that and ended up making a lot of videos. I documented events like a live fundraising auction, and school and community events and sports. I would usually direct. I still keep in touch with my film teacher.

What is your dream job? My dream job (that I tell people who aren’t college students) is to work at an advertising firm, but my actual dream job is to direct beer commercials. People don’t think I’m serious when I tell them. Products come and go, but everyone’s going to want to drink beer and the commercials have to become creative. I like the cinematic commercials.

Where do you see yourself in five years? About five years older and probably interning somewhere. I would love to ideally go back to Boston but really I’ll go wherever life takes me. Right now I’m in the developmental stages of starting my own cotton clothing brand, so hopefully that will still be going on in five years.

Anything you’d like to add? Although I may not come off as it, I feel like I’m a pretty weird person, and being here (at SCAD) has really given me the opportunity to pursue some of the ideas that I know would be shot down anywhere else. There is a lot of creativity here, and people are genuinely nice. I want to make as many friends as I can here and live my life and enjoy it. SCAD has such a diversity of people, opinions, and ideas, and I Just want to soak it all up while I’m here.

To learn more about SCAD Lacrosse, visit

http://www.scadathletics.com/index.aspx?tab=lacrosse&path=mlax

My name is Tiffany Troumouliaris and I am majoring in advertising at SCAD.