This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Savannah is the hotspot for tourists and students alike, and with tourists comes shopping. But coming to a new place and trying to find places to shop can be overwhelming, especially with Savannah’s many small local businesses, many places are unknown to the non-locals. So I’ll be breaking down the best shops for clothes! Some stores even have student discounts, so I’ll point those out on the way!

As far a clothing stores, Broughton Street is where you want to be! Broughton Street has the perfect mix of well-known popular stores and quaint boutiques, surely you’ll find something to your liking.

First we have Kate Spade, if you’re looking for a nice gift for a significant other or looking to pick up something nice for yourself, Kate Spade is the perfect girly girl store for you! Kate Spade also offers 15% off for students with a student ID!

We couldn’t talk about fashion without talking about Urban Outfitters! This is where all the students go to get trendy affordable clothes for school. Urban always has great sales so be sure to stop in!

Next is The Impeccable Pig, this is their only location in Savannah although they have stores scattered all over the South. Go check them out if you want to add some southern charm to your wardrobe!

If you’re on a budget like my fellow students out there, you have to stop into Civvies New & Recycled Clothing. As the name suggest this is a thrift shop, but a very trendy thrift shop. On the first floor, you’ll find decorations for your house, but as you head upstairs you’ll find racks and racks of cheap clothing.

Copper penny is another go-to. They have great chic clothing and shoes that would look great when you strut through the streets of Savannah!

For the Gentleman, a really cool shop is Goorin Brothers Hat Shop. This hat shop is the pinnacle of manliness, and has a great vibe when you walk in with the rugged atmosphere. So, if you’re looking for a nice new hat head on over to Goorin brothers.

Moving away from Broughton Street is a cute little boutique on Whitaker street called Custard Boutique. This boutique has a great light and airy atmosphere paired with the cutest clothes imaginable. Once you pick out an outfit grab some accessories as well from their wide rage of jewelry.

A similar boutique to Custar is Red Clover. Red Clover also has wonderfully fashionable clothes at a great price, right in the heart of downtown you have to stop by if you consider yourself a fashionista!

Last but not least is Terra Cotta, on Barnard Street. Terra Cotta brings one of a kind vintage inspired pieces from current European fashions that are both earth conscious and trendy. They pride themselves on having a uniquely personal shopping experience that caters to women who remain true to themselves!

Images curtesy of Pexles 

Hey I'm Maddie! I'm Fashion Marketing and Management and Photography student at SCAD!