Peter Faehnrich: Owner And Artist At Savannah Ink Tattoo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

I had the pleasure of interviewing the owner and head tattoo artist Peter Faehnrich at Savannah Ink tattoo right in the heart of downtown Savannah. Originally from Germany, Peter has been tattooing for over 20 years and does wonderful custom pieces. I got to converse with Peter about his favorite styles to tattoo, his career in tattooing, and his inspiration behind his art.

HC: Did you always want to pursue tattooing?

PF: I had other jobs before i became a tattooer but I always made art in my free time. 

HC: How long have you been tattooing and how did you get into the business of tattooing?

PF: I started tattooing 22 years ago when I was 24 . It began when friends asked me if I could draw tattoo designs for them and I was curious if I could tattoo my art on people

HC: What was your very first tattoo that you did?

PF: My first tattoo was a rose on a friend and then I tattooed another friend and so on.

HC: Are there any artists or tattooers that you look up to or admire?

PF: I admire all good tattooers who make great art, tattoos and work hard. They are to many to name.

HC: Do you specialize in a special tattoo style or technique?

PF: I have no specific style, I think?

HC: Do you have a specific subject matter that you like to tattoo over others?

PF: I love to do all styles of tattooing. I think that makes it interesting and challenging everyday. I don’t won’t to be stuck in one style. If it’s original ,unique and creative it’s fun for me.

HC: Do you see your tattoo style or technique evolving in the future, maybe trying out a new style?

PF: I always strive to be a better artist and tattooer and always look for new ways to make my art and tattoos better. So a lot of research and practice.

HC: Last but not least, where can we find you?

PF: You can find me at Savannah Ink Tattoo  119 Jefferson St  Downtown Savannah  or on the web Savannahinktattoo Facebook and Instagram / savannahinktattoo

I’d like to give a huge thank you to Peter at Savannah Ink tattoo for letting me interview him! Stop into Savannah ink tattoo and visit him if you’d like an awesome new tattoo!

Photos Coutrsey of Savannahink.com and Savannah Ink Tattoo Facebook Page

Hey I'm Maddie! I'm Fashion Marketing and Management and Photography student at SCAD!