Meagan Mulgrew: A Snazzy Lady

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Meagan is a junior Performing Arts major at SCAD. She is very involved in the department, working on the 3rd Act board, in the Casting Office, a member of the Moxie Improv Troupe, and has worked as an Assistant Director on many projects, including the recent Main Stage production of “A Midsummer’s Night Dream”.

No matter what she’s working on, she always looks fabulous doing it.

HC: Where do you get your style inspiration?

Meagan: I would say my biggest style inspiration is my mother. She is the classiest lady you have ever met in your entire life, and half of my closet consists of clothes that I stole from her. 

HC: How would you describe your style?

MM: I like playing around with men’s silhouettes; I love blazers, and converse high tops—I wear a lot of sneakers. I like mixing the feminine and the masculine, to create sort of rocker-chic kind of look. I liked mixing sort of rugged and interesting pieces with more classic lines.

HC: Is there a fashion “rule” you live by?

MM: Don’t feel obligated to follow any societal norms as to what you “should” be wearing. Wear what makes you feel comfortable, if you don’t feel good, don’t wear it.