Leather and Chains, these are a few of my favorite things…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Ashley Rosales

Major: Fashion Marketing and Management

Describe your style in three words: edgy, 90’s, funky

Outfit details: Crop Top: American Apparel, Track Pants: Nordstrom, Accessories: Etsy and Michael Kors, Heels: Jeffrey Campbell

Why did you choose this outfit?  This outfit was chosen for my friend’s “lookbook” photoshoot project at SCAD.  Most of the pieces are from my closet, but the awesome black track pants are hers. Though the outfit was designed for a photoshoot, I chose it because it is typical of something I would wear out with friends in the evening.  I also love that it can easily be modified to wear to class during the day, by swapping the heels for black flats. This outfit best characterizes my style – I love pushing the boundaries in fashion to make a statement. Mixing patterns and fabrics make for a killer outfit when executed correctly.

Any tips for SCAD fashionistas? Collaborate. As a fashion student some of my BEST ideas have come from trying out concepts and asking my roommates their opinions. Most of the time they have ideas of what I should add, or remind me of things in my own closet that would make an outfit even better, and that’s what gets my creativity going. Just because you have your own style doesn’t mean what you wear can’t extend past your own closet. Mixing and matching with your friends’ clothes will almost always add a boost to your outfit.

Student at the Savannah College of Art and Design majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management with a minor in writing. Shoe enthusiast with a deep rooted love for Alexander Wang. Contact: ashleynrosales@gmail.com Instagram/Twitter: @smvshed www.smashedavocados.com