Julian Rutledge Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Meet Julian Rutledge, an animation major from the Dallas, Texas. He is one of the most kind and sincere guys on SCAD’s campus. Julian has a unique and tailored style that everyone flocks to. Ask him about his collection of colorful bow ties and he will go on and on. 

Hometown: Dallas, TX (Duncanville to be more specific)

Celebrity Crush: Nia Long or Regina Hall

Her Campus: Describe yourself in three words.

Julian Rutledge: Different, Distinguished, and Gentleman

HC: What are your best and worst qualities?

Julian: I would say my best quality is that I’m a nice guy.  I’m always open to becoming someone’s friend. I don’t like seeing people unhappy so I will offer anyone who needs a hug or some advice. I never want anyone not smiling.

HC: What do you like to do on the weekends?

Julian: Whatever. I try not to have set things to do on the weekend. I just go with the flow.

HC: How has your experience been at SCAD so far?

Julian: SCAD is hard work, but using the resources and the professor’s extra help session sets you up for success and improves grades. Also, I’ve met a lot of amazing people. Hearing their ambition and their stories inspires me to pursue my goals even more.

HC: Do you think you have grown as an artist?

Julian: I do believe I have grown as an artist, but there still is a lot to learn and discover.  

HC: If you weren’t attending SCAD, where would you be?

Julian: I would either be attending Berklee College of Music, pursuing Music, or at Prairie View A&M University pursuing Film/Television.

HC: What is your dream job?

Julian: I would like to work at DreamWorks or Disney. If those companies do not work out, I would like to work for Blur Studios or Paramount studios.

HC: You’re always dressed very nice. What would you consider your personal style?

Julian: I like to be more formal than anything when I get the chance. I really like suit jackets. I love sweaters preferably cardigans and anything similar.

HC: Where do you find your clothing?

Julian: I usually shop online at Karmaloop, Plndr, or JackThreads. I just found out about Pac-Sun so I can add that to the list.

HC: Any advice for those wanting to change their style?

Julian: If you want to change your style, do it for your own benefit. You have those people who like to influence you and what you wear. Dare to be different and don’t follow the status quo. Just do you. People might think it is weird but they don’t understand your style and there is nothing wrong with that.

HC: Is there anyone you’ve been crushing on?

Julian: SCAD truly has beautiful females. I’ve had my eyes on one girl. I’m in the process of getting to know her more.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl that would lead you to pursuing them?

Julian: The most attractive quality for me is her mind. One of my favorite poets said, “her mind was the night before a revolution” and that line relates exactly to how I look at a girl. I mean you can be the most physically attractive female, but if your mind and personality aren’t in the right place, you’re not even going to cross my mind. A girl who I can chill and listen to music all day with would be a winner.

HC: Do you have plans for spring break?

Julian: I plan on staying in Savannah and enjoying the needed break from this quarter. I look forward to the St. Patrick’s Day festivities. I heard it gets crazy so I’m excited to people watch.

Julian can be found all around campus. The deli shop, Dyson lab, and Broughton Street are the best places to find him at. Julian enjoys writing poetry and would love for everyone to support him March 29th at Muse Art Warehouse for Spitfire poetry night.