This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

When you attend art school, almost everyone has some sort of blog. Whether it’s a fashion blog, art blog or food blog—there are so many that they all seem to blend together. It takes a truly outstanding blogger to stand out from the rest and Joshua McLeod is just that. Josh manages to keep up a lifestyle blog, YouTube channel and vlog while in SCAD Hong Kong, and an online store front for his handmade bags, all while being a student at SCAD.

Hometown: Chesapeake, Virginia

Major: Fashion Marketing and Management

Year: Junior

Her Campus: When did you start blogging?

Joshua McLeod: I started my first blog in 2012 called Distinguished Gentlemen. I quit after 2 months because I felt like no one was reading. But I started my new blog Victor + Alexander in August of 2013 and I have been blogging ever since.

HC: How often do you try to post on your blog?

Josh: I try to post at least once a week but sometimes managing my shop and life itself, it can become hard to post on a set schedule. I also post one video a week on my Youtube Channel.

HC: Lets talk about your handbags. How and when did you start making them?

Josh: I saw this menswear bag by one of my favorite designers, and I wanted it so bad but I couldn’t afford it. I set out to make my own version and the reviews from my family and friends inspired me to start designing—so I did, and my shop was born!

HC: What inspires your designs?

Josh: I get a lot of inspiration from architecture and interior design. I mimic clean lines and silhouettes of buildings to create designs. I try to keep my designs clean and minimal.

HC: How did you get the name Victor + Alexander Co.?

Josh: Victor + Alexander is named after my two grandfathers Victor McLeod and Alexander Quilon. I named it after them to honor the love and dedication they had for their families, because without them, I wouldn’t be here.

HC: What do you want to see happen with your company in the future?

Josh: I’m hoping to expand my brand beyond bags. I want to offer apparel, home decor and all-natural body care products.

HC: You’re currently studying in SCAD Hong Kong. How do you think this will influence your blogging and designs?

Josh: I’m using my trip to Hong Kong to give myself a break from my shop and to examine my progress and to improve. I want to come back with fresh ideas and new designs that will set my brand apart from others. As for my blog, I plan to blog a lot more while I am over there on topics such as my experience, the food, culture and just anything that I feel like sharing. I also plan to vlog my experience for my YouTube Channel.

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation from SCAD?

Josh: After graduation I planned on going to New York City to find work. I LOVE New York with a passion—but after much thought and consideration, I’ve changed my mind. Now I plan on opening the first Victor + Alexander brick and mortar storefront in Los Angeles. Now I know opening a store isn’t easy, which is why I gave myself a five-year time limit after I graduate to make it happen. So if in the meantime I’m working in NY then so be it. But I really want to take Victor + Alexander all the way!

Check out Victor and Alexander Co.