I Let My Guy Friend Choose My Outfits For a Week, and Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Letting a guy pick out my outfits honestly sounds insane…half the time they can not even figure out if something is navy or black! Ridiculous, right? I thought this before hand. After going through the whole process though, it wasn’t half bad! They know a lot more than we would think, so maybe we should give them some credit!  My friend, Mitchell, from SCAD, picked out my outfits for almost an hour! He put so much time and effort into the whole process, which only made it more entertaining. 

So here were the only ground rules for him: make one “Night Out” look and complete the whole outfit with shoes and accesories!

Here goes nothing!

Monday

This outfit was a rocky start compared to the rest. It is a bit simple, but it was perfect for an 8am on a Monday. I was not a big fan of wearing a crop top with non high rise jeans, but he tried!

Tuesday

I really enjoyed this outfit! It was super comfortable and I would wear this any day, any time! When he saw the shorts, he really wanted to use them in an outfit! I only have a few shirts that look good with these shorts, but he definitely found my perfect shirt to go with them! It impressed me that he was able to match anything with them!.

Wednesday

My opinion is a bit biased with this one…I just love this shirt!

Thursday

This outfit is super fun! The shirt is “high-low” so it did not look the best on with the shorts, but I still got lots of compliments on it…so maybe I am just being picky!

Friday

This was by far the most impressive outfit! It is so versatile! I wore it during the day and at night and it was honestly so perfect. He spent a lot of time picking out the earrings for this one, and his hard work payed off! Maybe some different shoes next time, but he did an awesome job!

Saturday — Day

This was another really fashionable outfit! He really liked to use my patterned shorts in the outfits, and he did it well! The accessories were killer! Everyone was complimenting me on my outift and they could hardly believe that a guy did this!

Saturday — Night

This outfit worked very well for a night out in Savannah! It was super fun to wear!

Sunday

This definitely was not my favorite outfit of the week, but at least it was a chill outfit for Sunday! I was not a huge fan of the bracelet he picked out, it was a bit out of style.

Overall, this experiement was super helpful! Turns out that guys might be able to help with fashion advice, when it comes down to it! I was beyond impressed with Friday and Saturday’s looks! He put a klot of time into them, and it reslly shows! I got to see his whole thought process and he really focused on matching colors with the prints! It was refreshing to see how much thought was put into it!

$ Shopping Addict $