How to Rock a Graphic Tee for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

When it comes to collegiate fashion, it can sometimes get hard to balance out comfort and style, and still having enough outfits to last you until laundry day. As soon as the alarm goes off for your 8am, your instinct is probably to grab your favorite graphic tee, some sweats, and head out the door. And I don’t blame you one bit. Luckily for you, I partnered up with the talented Felicia Murray to show you just how versatile your drawer full of t shirts really can be! 

Look #1: Comfy Chic

Two of the season’s hottest trends, boyfriend jeans and ankle boots, and such an easy, effortless look! Pairing your fave graphic tee with these classic pieces adds a sense of casualness, yet its still oh so trendy. Plus, you’ll be extra cozy in the looser boyfriend jeans. Perfect for running errands after class, or taking a stroll around town.  

Model: Kayla Davis//Photographer: Maddy Schoenfeld

Look #2: Active Cutie

Who said on the go can’t be on point? Keeping all the comfiness of joggers and sneakers, yet adding a chic touch by pairing it with a minimalistic graphic tee makes this outfit a great choice for lazy mornings. Try tying your tee in the back or to the side to give it a little flirty flair! This look is great for those morning classes where you still need to look semi-human. 

Model: Felicia Murray//Photographer: Maddy Schoenfeld

Look #3: Class Flirt 

For all of the girly girls out there- this one’s for you. Channel your inner Kate Spade with this look! Skater skirts are such a classic piece, yet so versatile. Pair this with your favorite Keds and you are set for the day! I also loved this purse with this look, its so chic and classy, yet the pop of red worked so perfectly. 

Look #4: Rainy Day Glam

This outfit screams confidence. I personally love this look and the pieces, because it takes ordinary staples and makes them unique. The Abercrombie leather leggings are such a bold move, yet super cozy and chic. Plus, you can’t go wrong with a classic denim jacket. Strap on those ankle boots and you’re ready to take on the world, no matter what weather! 

Model: Ellie Lang//Photographer: Maddy Schoenfeld

Look #5: Not Your Average Intern

Spice up your work look with this sassy, yet professional ensemble! Combining your classic pencil skirt with something edgy, like a moto jacket, adds a bold touch to your 9-5 style. Skip out on the heels and add some fierce lace up wedges and a sleek bag to complete the look. 

Model: Ellie Lang..Photographer: Maddy Schoenfeld

Look #6: Make a Statement

Looking for something a little different? Add a funky accent piece to a classic look, and you’ve instantly got a hit! This floral moto jacket is so trendy and fun, yet looks so polished and refined. With such a bright top, you can tone down the rest and still look like such a fashionista. You’re sure to catch some eyes walking around the gallery or out at lunch in this ensemble!

As you can see, you can work that collection of tees for practically any environment. So go ahead, own that drawer full of tees and make them the center of your outfits. Be sure to comment below how you style your graphic t shirts!

Amy Kulp is a Senior at Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she is either working on her own styling business, shopping, or performing in theatre productions. When she graduates, she plans on moving to New York City and working either as a personal stylist or as a creative director with one of the many fashion houses New York has to offer.