This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

The holidays are drawing near and the only thing standing between you and heading home is finals week.  It can be a bit stressful at times so it’s helpful to have a few tricks up your sleeve to get through them with ease.

Stay up to date with deadlines

First things first, you must be very aware of when projects are due or the dates of major exams.  This sounds kind of silly, but I’ve known quite a few people that would walk into and exam room on the exam day and would be completely unprepared because they were not paying close attention to the dates.   So if you think there’s a history of something similar happening to you; write all-important dates down and place a copy of them everywhere!

Courtesy of: hawthorn73.org

Plan out your time carefully

Another crucial aspect behind achieving true success with your school work overall, would be to have a good grasp on how you spend your time.  I am a firm believer in working hard and playing hard, but I do think it’s more beneficial to be putting in the work first so that you can actually enjoy your down time.  So for example, 2 hours of work to one hour of down time seems like a great ratio to make sure that you stay up to par with your workload without losing your mind. 

Courtesy of: newsroom.unl.edu

Take care of yourself

Quite of often we get so engaged in what we’re doing that we forget to look after ourselves.  Personal hygiene is very much connected with your health as a human, so it’s vital that you keep in your body’s good graces by feeding it with healthy foods and remembering to take a lovely dip in the shower from time to time.  You will most definitely need it to be up and running in good condition to come out on top during this portion of the semester. 

Courtesy of: enhancerfitness.com

Make difficult tasks fun

If you know that you’re not a fan of studying for a particular subject devise a way to make it as interesting as you can.  Let your creativity flag fly! Make up fun games that both you and a few other friends can play.  A great way to make you even more motivated to win would be to have an awesome prize.  An example of this would be when my friends and I made our study session into a game show and the winner got to collect five bucks from everyone that lost.  I’m not saying that there will always have to be a prize, but it would make winning seem all the more enticing. 

Courtesy of: Meme Generator

Keep and overall positive attitude

It can get pretty hectic when trying to get prepared for such an imperative time during the term, but visualize yourself finishing strong!  It is possible to get through this period without losing your mind.  If you feel yourself becoming super stressed, anxious or just really negative (frame of mind) take a step back from what you’re doing and just breathe! You can do it, just keep pushing through so that at the end you know that you gave it your all.

Courtesy of: Quiet Revolution

I am currently a college student sutdying Jewelry Design.  Fashion and all things chocolate, eventhough they may not have connections to each other, are my muses! I personally love travelling and writing about life's experiences because I feel like there is so much to be shared particularly in a positive light!