Goonies, Psychos and Witches—Oh My!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Event Date & Time: Oct 11 2014 – 7:00pm to Oct 18 2014 – 11:00pm

Location: Lucas Theatre, Trustees Theater

September flew by so quickly, and now October is in full swing—which means we’ve got three weeks to find the perfect Halloween costume, drink as many PSL’s as our body can physically handle, pull our boots on and search for the perfect cold-weather cuddle buddy.

I love Savannah in the fall and I’m sad that I’m missing it this year. I especially felt a touch of jealousy when I went to look at what’s coming to the Savannah Film Fest this year. Post-film discussions with Matt Bomer?! As if it wasn’t killing me enough that the entire Magic Mike XXL cast are walking down Broughton Street and filming on Tybee while I’m on the other side of the world. But this isn’t about my jealousy or the Film Fest.

This is about the month of October and the fun films that you can check out in Savannah. I love Halloween movies and I take any opportunity I get to watch them. So since I’ll be in Hong Kong for the next eight weeks, please go watch these movies in my place, soak up all the fall weather you can and drink a Caramel Apple Spice for me (PSL’s just aren’t my thing).

__________________________________________________________

The Goonies: 7:00 pm, Saturday, October 11, 2014 at Trustees Theater

Hocus Pocus: 3:00 pm, Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Lucas Theatre

The Addams Family: 6:00 pm, Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Lucas Theatre

Psycho: 9:00 pm, Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Lucas Theatre

Evil Dead II: 11:59 pm, Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Lucas Theatre

You can buy tickets for these films—and the Film Fest—at the Savannah Box Office website.

I'm a junior at SCAD Savannah where I study Advertising. I've also been lucky to travel to SCAD Hong Kong for fall quarter of my junior year. This is my second year writing for Her Campus and I'm really enjoying it. I love the Red Sox, country music, playing golf and being with my friends. I hope you enjoy my posts! 
Hello! My name is Angela Kastrunes. I am a senior Fashion Marketing and Management student at SCAD. I am the founder/CC for Her Campus-SCAD. Our chapter has grown so much over the past 3 years. I'm excited to say we have expanded to the Atlanta campus, and now have over 20 members combined. It's very bittersweet to realize this is my last year, working as a CC for HC. After graduation I hope to either work in social media management, PR for a fashion brand/music label, or as an editor of a fashion magazine (or Her Campus Nationals).