burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ellia Wang Brings a New Wave to Accessory Design

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

As with an age old tradition, a new school year boasts the excitement of not only new classes, but some new clothes, too.  Every (or almost every) girl anticipates what she will wear on the first day of school to both feel confident and present a suitable first impression to her professors. For my first day of school outfit, I decided to wear a classic black and white high-collar pinstripe shift dress with a vintage gold watch, but it wasn’t until I actually arrived to school that my outfit became complete.

At SCAD, I have the amazing opportunity to meet peers of all different talents and aspirations every day, and in one of my classes I got to speak with Anno Ko, the social media director for the crazy-talented handbag and jewelry designer Ellia Wang. Anna showed me a pair of Ellia Wang’s earrings, the black Geometry Pinwheel earrings, and I immediately fell in love. Made of the finest Italian calf leather, these earrings were handcrafted to perfection with gold-tone hardware and gold-plated hooks. I was able to try them on, and they were exactly what my outfit needed to make it pop. Not only were they beautiful, but they were surprisingly lightweight and comfortable despite their unique design.

After falling in love with these earrings, I decided to check out the rest of Ellia Wang’s collection and I was not disappointed. Her premiere collection is nothing short of genius and a breath of fresh air in the stylistic monotony many accessory brands have fallen into. As hinted by her collection’s name, Ellia plays with geometry in interesting ways to create unexpected designs for both earrings and handbags. The continuation of a gold-accented black and white color scheme ties the collection together and provides endless possibilities for earring/handbag combinations, and her affordable prices make it easy to fall in love with multiple pieces.

Besides the earrings I tried on, my favorite pieces in her collection are the Geometry Waves earrings (they’re only $48!) and the Geometry Layer clutch, which I pretty much almost died over when I saw it. It is such a classic yet still unique design that could complement almost any style, and is available in both white and black. It’s definitely more expensive than the earrings at $578, but compared to industry norms, this price is such an incredible value for both the handcrafted design and the superior quality of the materials.

To see the full collection and learn more about Ellia Wang, visit elliawang.com.

My name is Tiffany Troumouliaris and I am majoring in advertising at SCAD.