Designer Profile: Christopher Rogers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Christopher Rogers

Year: Sophomore

Major: Fashion Design

OM: How do you describe your design aesthetic?

CR: Contemporary romanticism dipped in the ethnic, artisanal, and exotic.

OM: What inspires your designs?

CR: Usually a lot of Midcentury fashion photography, abstract expressionism, and color field artwork. Garments and aesthetics from indigenous tribes around the world are another source of inspiration. I can be inspired by anything from beetles to microscopic organisms. It really depends on the day.

OM: Describe your most recent experience showing your collection at New Orleans Fashion Week.

CR: I showed a twelve look collection during New Orleans Fashion Week. It was inspired by Midcentury Japanese courtesans, but viewed through a contemporary lens. The show was really fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy it! I received a lot of positive feedback.

OM: What advice do you have for other fashion savvy SCAD students?

CR: Work, work, work! Every second of your day should be devoted to improving your craft, and trying your best. Also, really pay attention to what you are doing, and have a singular vision. Looking at what everyone else is working on and getting distracted is NOT what you want.

Photo by Nikki Krecicki

Designer, cat lover, and lipstick enthusiast. SCAD class of 2016. Fibers major. mynameisolivia.com