This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

This year’s Golden Globes was one for the books, from the wonderful movies being rewarded, to the controversial acceptance speeches. Now that the hype is over its time for the fun part, the fashion! The Red carpet should have been renamed the rainbow carpet due to all the colorful dresses that walked down it this year. Here are the most vibrant dresses, starting with red and ending with violet! Let’s go over the rainbow and indulge ourselves in this year’s fashion!

Red:

Starting off strong we have the beautiful Brie Larson, she wore a stunning strapless red crimson gown by Rodarte with the lipstick to match. The slightly beaded bodice added the perfect amount of glamour to her look without going overboard.

Orange:

Kendall Jenner proved to everyone that she can rock any color under color under the sun when she strutted into the Golden Globes After Party with sister Kylie by her side in this true orange silk side slit dress by Paule Ka dress.

Yellow:

With no shortage of yellow dresses this year, Emily Ratajkowski took the cake in this drop dead gorgeous gown by Reem Acra. A bejeweled front and back design was the perfect addition to this already gorgeous dress. The large front slit proved to be a problem when she accidently flashed the photographers on the carpet. Yikes.

Green:

Another tricky color to pull off is green, but in my opinion Hillary Duff definitely succeeded. This simple green gown clung to her curves, showing off what girls everywhere strive for. Less is more in this instance.

Blue:

Jessica Chastain looked wonderful in the powdered blue Prada dress with flower embellishments on the side. The blue dress complimented her red hair perfectly which was tied back in a side parted bun.

Pink:

Although pink isn’t part of the rainbow (obviously). I had to give credit to Lily Collins in a gorgeous pink Zuhair Muraid couture gown. Definitely my favorite of the night, this dress speaks for itself.

Violet:

Singer and actress Hailee Steinfeld, walked the red carpet in a pale lavender gown by Vera Wang. She paired it with a neat bun and a delicate diamond necklace that laid perfectly at the high neckline of the gown. 

Hey I'm Maddie! I'm Fashion Marketing and Management and Photography student at SCAD!