Campus Cutie: Karla Zelaya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Karla Zelaya

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: Graphic Design

Hometown: San Pedro Sula, Honduras

HC: Why did you choose to come to SCAD?

KZ: I visited colleges in my junior year of high school and the one I liked the most because of its courses and campus was SCAD.

HC: What is your ideal job?

KZ: To own a small graphic design studio that supplies graphic design necessities in a creative way for small business.

HC: Where do you want to live in future?

KZ: Honduras! There is no place like home!

HC: What are some global/social issues you are passionate about?

KZ: I LOVE ANIMALS. So I volunteer at a local shelter back in Honduras. We help rescue homeless dogs/cats and recover them, in order to put them up for adoption. The organization is called SOS Rescate Animal (Twitter).

HC: What is one item/tool you think every graphic designer should have and use?

KZ: Photoshop and Illustrator.

HC: After graduation, what do you plan to do? Will you start working right away, or do you want to take time off to travel and do something fun?

KZ: After graduation I plan on going back home and seek for a graphic design position in some Advertising Company; in order to save up some money to open my own business.

Marisa Gutierrez is a BFA Graphic Design student at Savannah College of Art and Design. She hopes to specialize in Package Design and one day, design her own makeup brand. In her free time, she enjoys searching through YouTube for fun, new makeup tutorials, researching about new makeup and skincare products, and reading (Anthony Bourdain is her favorite author!).  You can follow her on Pinterest!