Campus Celebrity: The Average “Jo”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Campus Celebrity: The Average “Jo”

People often view accomplishments and social status as the definition of a “celebrity”. What we fail to remember is that being truly amazing is not just about what we’ve strived to accomplish—but the effort we made to get there. Meet Jourdan Zeringue. Like most of us, she has yet to “make-it-big,” but this hard-working student aims for her fairytale future every single day.

What year in school are you?

JZ: I’m a sophomore this year.

What are you studying?

JZ: I’m majoring in Interior Design.

Where’s your hometown?

JZ: New Orleans, Louisiana.

What inspires you and influences your work?

JZ: Nature inspires me—my hometown New Orleans is a melting pot, so I’m constantly surrounded by so many different cultures. Fashion illustrator Hayden Williams also influences my work, along with the aesthetics of drawing, my friends and my family.

What have you been doing to kick-start your career?

JZ: I’m working on applying to jobs and I’m trying to get an internship with Carolyn Hultman Interior Design in Savannah. I’m also going to spend my sophomore year building a stronger portfolio.

What’s your dream for your future?

JZ: I would love to work for a well-established interior design firm while simultaneously maintaining a family life.

What’s your advice be to girls who want to enter the art world?

JZ: Don’t assume that your dreams are going to be handed to you. You have to work hard for what you want in life, but if you’re determined, you can accomplish anything.

Hi All! My name is Kayla, I am a Sophomore at SCAD, studying Dramatic Writing and Creative Writing.