Campus Celebrity: Andre Leon Talley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is none other than Andre Leon Talley. For those of you that don’t know, Andre is the former American editor-at-large for Vogue magazine. Besides holding a position at Vogue, he is one of SCAD’s most valued trustees. He visits SCAD on a quarterly basis to host seminars, open museum exhibits, and even help honor special guests from the fashion industry.

HC SCAD has decided to name Andre this week’s campus celebrity because of all the dedication, hard work, and knowledge he shares with aspiring fashion students at SCAD. We are lucky to have such a talented man, willing to share his experiences/advice from the industry.

Though I am not one of the lucky few that run in Andre’s SCAD clique (and I did not actually get to sit down, and speak with him), he does want everyone to know about a special event taking place tonight.

Today (9/25) Andre Leon Talley will host a discussion with Vanity Fair fashion photographer Jonathan Becker at the SCAD MOA from 5-6pm. They will be covering fashion, photography, and style from 1970s to present, while exploring Becker’s career. A reception celebrating the opening of Johnathan’s exhibit will be held, following the talk. We hope to see you all there. 

Hello! My name is Angela Kastrunes. I am a senior Fashion Marketing and Management student at SCAD. I am the founder/CC for Her Campus-SCAD. Our chapter has grown so much over the past 3 years. I'm excited to say we have expanded to the Atlanta campus, and now have over 20 members combined. It's very bittersweet to realize this is my last year, working as a CC for HC. After graduation I hope to either work in social media management, PR for a fashion brand/music label, or as an editor of a fashion magazine (or Her Campus Nationals).