Campus Celebrity AKA Mr. Montana

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Tyler Montana Andeson

Year: Junior

Major: Fashion Design

Hometown: Brunswick, Ga

Horoscope: Aries

HC: What brought you to SCAD?

TA: The fashion programs are amazing here, I transferred here my sophomore year because I felt my self getting sick of being in New York and Philly and I wanted to make sure that I loved New York. And with being here for a year and half I’ve come to really, really, REALLY love New York and the fast pace of it.

HC: What are your plans after you graduate SCAD?

TA: Heading to New York or San Fran to be apart of a design team, under a well known brand. I’m working this summer to get an internship that will lead into that. 

HC: What is your ultimate dream job?

TA: I’ve always wanted to model for a profession, so modeling around the world and designing clothing on the go & obviously traveling with my family – That is my dream job and family is a huge part of me!

HC: While at SCAD, what are some things you do outside of school?

TA: I just got promoted to a lead merchandiser at Gap & model as well – I’m signed with an agency in Atlanta (Chosen Models) and I’m heading back to NY this summer to hopefully get signed with an agency there! Also I like to stay healthy and active so working out is a big part of my life outside of scad. 

HC: Who is your role model?

TA: I’m such a mama’s boy! My Mother, because she has gone through the worst and always come out on top. She’s always there for me when needed! she’s influenced me so much, also she’s a huge supporter of everything I’m doing here at SCAD and in life! She’s accepting and I love that quality. She can also has a little edge to her. 

HC: What is your favorite place to eat in Savannah?

TA: UGH! EVERYWHERE! I love food! and Savannah has amazing seafood! *Side note, food is the way to my heart/ If you can cook or have a great taste in food, you’ll win 90% of me!*

HC: In two words, what would your friends characterize your personality

TA: Goofy & Poised! Because “You can look fierce, while wearing an M&M costume”   

HC: What is your favorite quote you cling to?

TA: I love quotes! ugh to narrow it down is so hard – but I guess one major one is…“My first love was some insignificant boy when it should have been myself.”

HC: What is your favorite song?

TA: Flawless (Remix) ft. Nicki Minaj

HC: What is your favorite memory since living in Savannah?

TA: I think being in South Magazine last year – I know it’s a smaller magazine only here in the southern region of the US. But it was still a printed publication and a stepping stone! 

HC: What is the one thing you’ll miss most in Savannah, once you graduate?

TA: I will miss my Gap family the most!! They are amazing and so supportive, they will never be replaced!