This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

HC: What is your name?

MV: Michael Vidal

HC: How old are you?

MV: I am 21 years old.

HC: What is your grade level?

MV: I just turned into a junior this quarter.

HC: What is your hometown?

MV: My hometown is Miami, Florida.

HC: Why did you come to SCAD?

MV: I came to study Illustration and themed entertainment design in hopes of working for Disney or Universal in the future.

HC: What are some of your accomplishments?

MV: My first accomplishment was when I came to SCAD. It was my first semester here, and I won first place in a Savannah City Hall College Art Contest. The Mayor of Savannah noticed my artwork for the contest and is now displayed inside the city hall rotunda.  I also recently got two of my artworks published in SCAD Port City review magazine; it was great because people were able to notice my artwork in the show. The freshman coming into SCAD will get to see my work on display, which is cool.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

MV: My hobbies besides drawing include photography, writing short stories, playing the piano, volleyball, editing film, and designing for fashion.

HC: What are some of your inspirations?

MV: I am inspired by Walt Disney’s creativity, art from the renaissance era, the Harry Potter novels, surrealism, and Lady Gaga’s artistic styles and interpretations. 

Hi All! My name is Kayla, I am a Sophomore at SCAD, studying Dramatic Writing and Creative Writing.