This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Name: Claire Tullius.

Grade: Sophomore.

Major: Photography

HC: Why did you choose photography?

CT: I chose it because I have always been passionate about the subject ever since I was seven. It all started when my parents gave me a Polaroid camera.  I have shoe boxes of Polaroid’s from when I was a kid. I started then, and haven’t stopped since.

HC: What are your inspirations?

CT: My main inspiration nowadays is music. I travel all over the country, following bands and touring with them.  I am inspired by the music, and I love to capture moments,  so that fans can remember  the shows that they have gone to.  Also, I like to capture images from shows for the people that can’t make it to shows. 

HC: What have you done with your major so far? Have you made any accomplishments?

CT: I haven’t really achieved much as far as recognition at SCAD specifically. Although I have submitted my photography to Silver&Ink which is SCAD photography exhibition. However,  with my music photography, I have been published in a few magazines and am decently well known by other photographers in my field, which is a great motivator.

HC: What is your ideal job following graduation?

CT: In the long run, I would like to do music photography. It would allow me to travel the world. I want to photograph bands like my friends already do within the industry. Thankfully, I already have  a start in music photography, so I won’t have too hard of a time getting out there when I graduate. If music photography doesn’t work out, I suppose I could always do weddings, portraits, and commercial photography until I find something I really like, and can be happy with doing the rest of my life.

HC: What about college has impacted your life other than the classroom setting?

CT: I think that other students have impacted my major because you realize that everything is collaborative. Every major in some aspect needs photography. The computer jobs need photographers, advertising needs photographers, fashion and many other majors as well.  It helps to meet new people and network and that has helped me a lot throughout school. 

Hi All! My name is Kayla, I am a Sophomore at SCAD, studying Dramatic Writing and Creative Writing.