Blair Salter the Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Happy March everyone! The new month must begin with a great campus cutie. Meet Blair Salter, a freshman at SCAD who is pursuing a career in Fashion Marketing and Management. She is a girly and confident young woman who works hard and is willing to take risks. 

Hometown: Dunnellon, FL

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

Blair Salter:   Ambitious, determind and energetic

HC: What is your guilty pleasure?

Blair: Shoes!!!!!

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Blair: Josh Duhamel

HC: Are you a Netflix Addict? If so, what shows are you obsessing over?

Blair: I love Netflix! Recently, I have been watching New Girl. However, I just watched Scandal for the first time and it is my favorite show.

HC: What do you enjoy doing over the weekends?

Blair: I love to plan and shoot for my blog posts. I also enjoy dinner with my friends.

HC: What has been a favorite memory here at SCAD so far?

Blair: I volunteered during the Abercrombie and Fitch Design Challenge, which was a really fun event. I was able to watch upcoming designers compete in a very short time frame and make some incredible apparel pieces. Overall, my favorite memory at SCAD has been admiring the creativity I see in my fellow students and myself everyday.

HC: It’s clear that you love fashion. What would you consider your personal style?

Blair: My personal style is overall scattered. I like to mix things up. I have pieces that are quit tailored and classy, and then I have crop tops and lots of leather. Sometimes, I like to mix my tailored look with something retro or hipster to create a variety of looks. I always say that whatever makes you feel good when you walk out the door is your style.

HC: What are your go-to items in your closet?

Blair:

1. Black Flared Leather Skirt
  2. Mustard Scarf
  3. Joe Jeans

HC: Items that every girl needs in her closet.

Blair: Leopard and Leather

HC: We noticed that you just launched a blog. What interested you in starting one?

Blair: Yes, my blog is www.blairsalter.weebly.com. Fashion blogging is becoming really popular in today’s fashion world. I wanted to have a place where I could express my style and fashion on. This is just getting started, but I am enjoying learning and experiencing the blog world day by day.

HC: Everyone has a dream job. What is yours?

Blair: A Creative Director for a Luxury Brand

HC: Are you enjoying Savannah or do you miss Florida?

Blair: As much as I am a Florida girl, I love Savannah! I am from a small town in Florida so living in Savannah was the perfect transition. New York City would have been too big of a culture shock for me.

HC: Describe a perfect date.

Blair: My perfect date would consist of going to the beach at night and watching the stars together on a blanket in the sand.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy that would lead you to pursuing them?

Blair: I am old-fashioned when it comes to love. It is important to find a guy who makes an effort to talk and is the one who pursues me. Also, someone who makes me laugh and that I find attractive are important qualities.

Blair Salter is very friendly and can usually be found around the dining halls socializing with her friends. If you ever need some fashion advice, Blair is your go to girl. Be sure to check out and support her new blog at www.blairsalter.weebly.com.

Loving Blair’s look? Rent this Hervé Léger dress from Rent the Runway for less than $50. 

www.RentTheRunway.com