Affordable Places to Eat around SCAD Savannah

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Savannah is a beautiful, amazing city, with endless cafes and restaurants to eat at and choose from. Yet unfortunately, many of Savannah’s best restaurants are too expensive for a college student, and are out of reach for many SCAD students. But there are still plenty of amazing places to eat at for SCAD students that won’t break the bank! (Note: Not all of the restaurants and cafes listed below accept SCAD Cash)

Image Courtesy of Savannah Lodging

Leopold’s Ice Cream

Leopold’s is one of Savannah’s most iconic landmarks, and arguably one of the most famous ice cream parlors in Savannah. Located directly across from Jen Library and right next to the Trustees Theater, Leopold’s is about a 15 minute walk from the main SCAD dorms, and a great place to stop by after the movies, once you’ve finished studying, or if you just really love ice cream! Offering a great selection of ice cream flavors and great sandwiches as well, it would be a shame to spend time in Savannah and not visit Leopold’s.

Image Courtesy of Savannah.com

Butter Head Greens Café

Located right across from Arnold Hall, one of SCAD’s main academic buildings, Butter Head Greens is a great café that provides soups, salads, and sandwiches for a SCAD student who just got after class and is looking for lunch. They also serve breakfast in the morning; in case you need something extra to get through your dreaded 8 am. Their selection of coffee will satisfy any coffee enthusiast.

Image Courtesy of Art March Savannah

Foxy Loxy Café

Only a few steps away from Butter Head Greens, Foxy Loxy is one of Savannah’s most popular coffee shops. With coffee, tea, tacos, pastries, and an adorable and quirky interior, Foxy Loxy may just be one of the cutest cafes in Savannah. Their relaxed environment makes a great place to eat if your stressed out about classes, or if you just want a quiet place to study and read.

Image Courtesy of The HappiTraveler

Carlitos

Most known for their special Dollar Taco Tuesday deal, Carlitos, located on Martin Luther King JR Boulevard, serves savory, tasty, authentic Mexican food. Their fun, vibrant atmosphere is perfect for when you and your friends want to grab nachos at night.

Image Courtesy of Savannah ePass

Wasabi’s Fusion Downtown

If Mexican food isn’t your favorite, and you prefer Japanese food instead, Wasabi’s is for you! Located right next door to Carlito’s, Wasabi’s serves a variety of sushi rolls, including vegan sushi rolls, for all lovers of Japanese food. When you don’t want to head to the Carnival for sushi, take a quick walk over to Wasabis. Their sushi is great quality, and won’t hurt your wallet either!

Image Courtesy of USA Today 10 Best Savannah

Corleone’s

Also located on Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, and only a few feet away from Broughton Street, Savannah’s famous Corleone’s offers traditional, authentic Italian food. Tasty smelling food, great service, and great music playing as well, Corleone’s is one of Savannah’s most cozy restaurants. For a restaurant with an upscale feel that won’t put a dent in your wallet, head over to Corleones if you’re feeling fancy, or if you ever get tired of eating pasta at the Hive!

Schuyler Cannon is from Birmingham, Alabama, and is currently a freshman at the Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in Jewelry. A lover of cats,sushi,ice cream,smiles,and art.