This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Living in the dorm, and not having access can sometimes be a bummer. Especially when you’re getting sick of your dining hall’s food. But don’t worry, we found 7 recipes you can make in the comfort of your dorm, only using a microwave.  

Instant mac and cheese1. Put macaroni in a mug and pour in water. (You may want to add more or less water depending on mug size, but there should be more than enough to completely cover noodles).2. Microwave on high for 8 minutes pausing at the 5 and 2 minute mark to stir and add more water if necessary.3. Cook until al dente.4. Add cheese to pasta mixing with the small amount of water remaining at bottom of mug5. If cheese does not completely melt, pop mug back in microwave for 30-60 seconds6. Stir then enjoy!  

Pizza Bagels 1. Chose a bagel I recommend lightly toasting it for the perfect level of crunchiness.2. Smother the bagel with a desired sauce. I went with the classic marinara sauce, but if you’re feeling adventurous you can go with pesto, Alfredo, or even peanut butter and chocolate sauce for a dessert pizza.3. Load up your bagel with cheese. Options are limited to cheddar and feta, but if you want to get fancy, ask the sandwich line for sliced provolone cheese or use hot queso.4. Add desired toppings5. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. 

Taco Mac1. Remove the cheese packet and fill the Easy Mac cup with water to the line.2. Microwave the cup for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.3. Add the cheese packet and stir.4. Add Sriracha and stir.

Pizza Quesadilla1. Cook up 5 or so pepperoni on the skillet until slightly crispy, about 2 minutes per side.2. Remove crispy pepperoni from skillet, assemble quesadilla (tortilla, 1/2 of the cheese, pepperoni, tortilla on top) then cook on skillet.3. Cook quesadilla until edges get crisp & cheese is melted, about 4 minutes per side.4. Remove quesadilla from skillet, add remaining cheese & crispy pepperoni to the top of the quesadilla, microwave until cheese on top is melted. Enjoy!

Egg White Bagel Sandwich 1. In a small bowl add egg whites and spinach leaves, season with kosher salt. Place in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, keeping an eye on the eggs so they don’t overflow.2. Add a wedge of cheese on toasted bagel thin and add slices of tomato. Spoon egg out of bowl in a single patty and place on top of cheese and tomato, top with avocado. Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired. 

Easy Omelet 1. Crack eggs into mug. Add milk. Beat with fork2. Microwave for one minute.3. Add toppings and microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until egg is cooked through4. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!

Lasagna In a Mug1.) Cut the lasagna sheet in half, and cut each strip in half again. Place the pasta sheets into a bowl, and pour very hot water in it, until it covers all the pieces. Set the pasta pieces aside.2.) Chop the spinach and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it for ventilation. Microwave for 1 minute. Take out the spinach and let it rest.3.) Grate the mozzarella while you wait for the spinach to cool.4.) Mix the spinach with the ricotta, pepper, granulated garlic, and salt. Set mixture aside.5.) Pour 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce at the bottom of the mug. Top with a piece of softened pasta sheet. Add some spinach mixture, 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, and a pasta sheet. 6.) Continue building the lasagna, ending with a layer of pasta sheet at the top. Sprinkle mozzarella over the pasta.7.) Microwave everything for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check to make sure that the mozzarella is melted. If it isn’t, continue microwaving at 15-second intervals until the cheese is fully melted.8.) Serve immediately.