6 Restaurants in Downtown Savannah for When You’re in a Rut

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

1. Treylor Park

image courtesy of treylorparksavannah.com

Treylor Park offers a unique and unexpected twist on classic bar foods like burgers, tacos, and pizza, etc. If indie music were food, you would find it here. Tapas-style portions are packed with perfectly matched flavors that will leave you wanting to come back again. The only thing cooler than the food is the ambience. This restaurant is perfect for both a date night and just hanging out with a group of friends. It’s location on Bay Street is perfect for a short walk to both Broughton and River streets. Be sure to check out its sister restaurant, Hitch, owned by the same group who founded Treylor Park.

2. Flying Monk Noodle Bar

image courtesy of savannah.com

The Flying Monk is the epitome of Asian-style comfort food. With dishes whose flavors range from Vietnam to Thailand, there’s an option for everyone. This place is perfect for when you’re looking to try something new, and who doesn’t love noodles? The perfect homesickness cure is their traditional Vietnamese-style pho. Its central location on Broughton Street makes it a short walk from the library and is the perfect treat after a long day of studying.

3. Tequila’s Town

image courtesy of tequilastown.com

Tequila’s Town is one of the best Tex-Mex restaurants in Savannah, and for good reason. The food is amazing (definitely try the tableside guacamole) and it’s easy on the wallet. Service is quick and it’s perfect for a night out with friends. The casual setting and quality food makes it fun to share plates and stories after a long week of completing projects and writing papers.

4. Green Truck Neighborhood Pub

image courtesy of greentruckpub.com

There’s a reason Green Truck is one of the best eateries in Savannah. With its unique takes on familiar foods like grilled cheese and, of course, burgers it should be on everyone’s list of restaurants to visit. Green Truck’s owners make it a point to locally source a lot of their ingredients and supplies and they have a lot of vegetarian-friendly options. It’s onl a short walk from Wallin Hall, so it’s a perfect stop after class.

5. Soho South Cafe

image courtesy of eatitandlikeit.com

Whenever you’re just not sure what to do with your morning, brunch with some good friends is always a perfect idea. Soho South Café first wins you over with its ambience- it is a converted train station and has an eclectic mix of furniture (no two chairs match). And the best compliment to the environment is the food. The menu features a modern take on southern-style foods, and one of my personal favorites is the spinach dip. It is centrally located right on Liberty Street and is also a perfect place to bring your family when they come to visit.

6. The Grey

image courtesy of eater.com

If you’re looking for a place to go for a special occasion, The Grey is your answer. With its art deco feel and seafood-rich Southern cuisine it is the perfect place to treat yourself. Its upscale feel compliments the menu, and presents the feel of Savannah in one place. Its location on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard is close to both Broughton Street and City Market and can be the best end to a fun day of sightseeing.