6 Of the Best Costumes from The Masquerade Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Every year, students at SCAD gather to enjoy a night of wicked fun in honor of Halloween. The annual masquerade ball took place at the SCAD Museum of Art Alex Townsend Memorial Courtyard. The event promised music, haunted carnival games, and unending fun. While costumes were not required, they were highly recommended and anticipated. Students didn’t hesitate to wear their most elaborate and gruesome costumes to celebrate the event. There were so many intricate and innovative costumes; my camera couldn’t snap them quickly enough! So, in case you couldn’t attend one of the most highly awaited events of the fall quarter, we’ve got you covered! Here are the top 6 costumes you missed if you didn’t attend the Carnival Masquerade Ball.

A favorite from the night were these ladies dressed as sisters, Anna and Elsa from the Disney movie Frozen! We’re not sure if these ladies knew each other before heading to the masquerade ball or met due to coordinating costumes, but we love this pairing! These costumes are spot on. The effort and precision put into them didn’t go unnoticed; Anna and Elsa would be proud!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Marie Antoinette has arrived. Clearly, with her elaborate hair, makeup, and costume, she certainly didn’t prepare for this ball the night before. The former queen of France seemed to be conquering as the queen of this year’s masquerade ball as well.

Now, what would a Halloween Party be without a Villain? This party-goer dressed as Loki from the movie Thor. Her costume mimics Loki’s perfectly and is a direct representation of what it means to “dress the part”!

Even Audrey Hepburn showed up to the masquerade ball! Clearly she derived inspiration for this fit from the classic 1961 film, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. She’s got it all down, even the sexy confidence that Audrey symbolized. What a perfect costume muse for a simple, sophisticated, and classy girl.

Dressed as a wicked nurse, this party-goer took her costume to the next level by adding makeup that stunned some and scared others. All the way down to the colored-contacts, elaborate red eyelashes, and fake blood, her entire costume was picture-perfect, so I had to get a shot!

This costume, which was graceful, feminine, and light as a feather, was received well at the masquerade ball. The peacock feathers, which could fan out above her head for all to see, or lie flat in an elegant manner portray the technical thought this party- goer incorporated into her costume. We love how literal this costume is, she really went all out!

This SCAD student, dressed as, well, a SCAD student. Alexandra wowed the other party-goers by dressing up as all of them! Her creativity and spontaneity was adorable! We love it!

Fashion Marketing and Management & Fashion Design student at SCAD.