This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Every since the greatness that was American Horror Story: Coven, the goth style has been revived, made even more evident by Alexander Wang’s 2015 Fashion Week collection. Girls are embracing their dark side and stepping out with powerful, eye-catching, black outfits. And you should to! However, Spring being just around the corner means black and other dark colors aren’t the best choice to wear, right? WRONG! Check out the five ways you can showcase a Goth Glam look this spring.

Black Eyeliner

You can never go wrong, no matter what time of year it is, with a sharp, black cat-eye. Creating the perfect outline to your eye, this look will guarantee no one will be able to break eye contact from your mesmerizing eyes. Tip: Utilize a card, post-it, or tape as a guide to help you paint the ideal wing. Check out this video on How to: Perfect Winged Eyeliner! 

Black Lipstick

If you don’t want a bold cat-eye look, try sultry black lips. Black lipstick is the new red lips, in terms of making the statement that you are a strong, confident, beautiful woman. Not to mention that as a benefit of dark lips, your teeth will look 2x times whiter and brighter. Check out this tutorial for tips on How to Wear a Dark Lip!

Leather Shorts

Leather is a must when creating a Goth Glam look. However to avoid a heatstroke during the spring, instead of leather pants, leather shorts are the way to go. Give a little edge to your spring wardrobe, and strut your stuff on a sunny day!

Sheer Skirts/Dresses

If you want something a little more feminine, a great alternative to the leather shorts is a sheer skirt or dress. It’s so nice to feel the cool Spring breeze against your legs!

Creepers

Shoes are to an outfit, what a cherry is to a sundae. They are the finishing touch to the whole ensemble. So what better way to create a Goth Glam look than a pair a creepers. The platform style provides you with the benefits of a heel, sneaker, and flat.

Marisa Gutierrez is a BFA Graphic Design student at Savannah College of Art and Design. She hopes to specialize in Package Design and one day, design her own makeup brand. In her free time, she enjoys searching through YouTube for fun, new makeup tutorials, researching about new makeup and skincare products, and reading (Anthony Bourdain is her favorite author!).  You can follow her on Pinterest!