This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Hey ladies! For my first article of my last quarter of junior year, I wanted to share my excitement for the beginning of spring and its wonderful warm weather. Although, transitioning from winter to spring in Savannah can be a really confusing time for our wardrobes (and sinuses if you’re anything like me!).  It seems like every time I’m finally ready to put away my heavy winter clothes the temperature outside drops way down! On the other hand, I know that some days I just decide that I don’t care how cold it is, it is spring and I’m going to wear what I want! So for those days, I thought I’d share a few ways I wear my cute spring clothes on those chillier days.

1.     Short Skirts:

This is probably my favorite. The key to wearing spring clothes in the cold is layering. I do this a lot! Take your favorite spring skirt, the bright one with a floral print, and pair it with a chunkier sweater and a boot, maybe tights if its cold enough.

2.     The Boho Maxi Dress:

Again, Layer! Pair it with a cool jacket and boots. Or you could layer it on top of a blouse.

3.     Overalls:

Try pairing your overalls with a cool sweater underneath and a coat on top to give your outfit a cool menswear vibe.

4.     Crop Tops:

Wear your crop top over a crisp button down or blouse. This is really unexpected but if you pair it correctly it could be really cool! Id wear it with slouchy boyfriend jeans and  a cool pair of trainers. If wearing your crop top over a shirt isn’t your thing, try wearing it as normal but bundling up in over sized outerwear.