This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

21 Reasons It’s Ok To Be Single

Especially when Facebook tells you your entire graduating class is married with baby #2 on the way (or is that just me?)

Featuring Jane Austen, Candace Bushnell, and Trace Adkins

1. You have to learn to love yourself before you can ever love someone else the way they deserve to be loved.
  2. “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” {Jane Austen}
  3. Because good things are going to happen.
  4. Patience is a virtue, a good relationship is worth the wait.
  5. Sometimes you need to be selfish, and you can’t do that when you have at least two other people to think about.
  6. “Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.” {Ms Austen}
  7. You have so much more time for your friends! Love on them while you have some spare time!
  8. You will find the courage to let go of what you cannot change or control, and that is freeing.
  9. “I’m certainly not going to put my life on hold for him” {Candace Bushnell}
  10. You can wear red lipstick and not worry about someone messing it up.
  11. You get a lot more sleep when you’re not texting that cutie into the wee hours of the night.
  12. Because sometimes you really must guard your heart.
  13.  It’s ok to say no to unnecessary crazy.
  14. Jane Austen said it best with “pictures of perfection make me sick and wicked.” Just because someone’s life seems perfect on Facebook, doesn’t mean it is.  I know I avoid posting anything that paints me in a sad light.
  15. Growing up is hard enough and adulthood is overrated.
  16. If you’re dating someone you have to be all worried about them touching your legs and that means shaving consistently and ain’t nobody got time for that.
  17. “Better alone than badly accompanied” {Candace Bushnell}
  18. Because being single doesn’t mean you’re lonely.
  19. Because Trace Adkins got this right:

You’re gonna miss thisYou’re gonna want this backYou’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you’re gonna miss this  

1. You can’t begin to compare your journey or successes with anyone else.
  2.  “Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with.” {Candace Bushnell}