12 Cold Weather Trends for this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Even though the south has already experienced its “cold for a week”, I think it’s safe to say we’ll have another chilly week, before 80 degree days occurr. Check out these 12 trends on how to stay warm, yet stylish this season. 

1. Tights: An amazing way to transition summer-y skater skirts, and stay warm!
  2. Black Anything: Finally, you can wear black, and not be glared at by the haters. Slimming and sassy? Sign me up!
  3. Moto Jackets:  In black, brown, taupe, all the colors, who wouldn’t want one? It’s a great way to edge up your look, and keep the shivers away. 
  4. Booties: LOVE LOVE LOVE this trend. It’s perfect for us southerners, with mild winters. They’re fabulous in neutral colors, and a mix of fabrics.
  5. Army Jackets; Green goes with everything, apparently. Obsessed!
  6. Puffer Vests: Somehow if your torso is warm, so is everything else. Snazzy with plaid, or sweaters, or oxfords.  And a string of pearls.
  7. Burgundy; The perfect pop for your black wardrobe.
  8. Sequins; The holiday season allows for some extra bling, suddenly a sequined skirt isn’t too much for that wedding you’re attending. Go ahead, and add some sparkly tights. Go big or go home!
  9. Dramatic Makeup; Things are a little less bright outside, which mean your regular couple of swipes of mascara and blush can be traded for some flirty winged eyeliner and red lips. A great way to jazz up a snowstorm.
  10. Leggings: It’s like leaving the house in your pajamas, and socially acceptable (as long as your butt is covered).
  11. A Fabulous Oversized Bag: To carry your gloves and scarf once noon hits, and it’s suddenly hitting the mid-60’s, thank you weathermen of the south.
  12. Fur: Well….faux-fur. Because, when else can you wear it, and not get stares? Or sweat like a sinner in church?