This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

As scad students we are constantly on the go and I feel like sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves the way we should- I know I don’t. Although I love SCAD and what I’m working towards, the workload at this school is insane and it can get chaotic at times. Being that it’s my second year here, I can say that I have truly learned the importance of self- care. 

Now you are probably wondering- what exactly is self care and what constitutes as it. The best way I can describe it is- the process of refreshing and restoring yourself physically and mentally. I think of it like a reset button from my long, hectic, and draining week. So really self- care is really anything that you love to do and makes you feel better. It could be something as simple  watching tv or listening to music while reading to something as extravagant to going to a spa or taking a mini vacation- it really doesn’t matter because it’s up to you! 

Self care is so important not just because it takes stress off of your normal festivities but it’s also vital to your well being. I know that when I’m overwhelmed my thoughts are everywhere and I’m just not in the right mindset. We need to designate alone time for ourselves because at the end of the day we need to make sure that this body that we are in is in the best shape possible- physical and mentally- after all we do our best when we feel our best!

Hello, my name is Genevieve Odukomaiya and I'm a fashion design major here at SCAD with a minor in business entrepreneurship. I'm from Tampa, Florida and being a naturally introverted person, I'm glad that I have a platform like Her campus to voice my opinions, thoughts, and ideas!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World