This is Who I Want to Win on Oscar Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

The Academy Awards are coming up this week! The UK just recently hosted its own British Academy Film Awards, in which La La Land took five more awards, after their seven-time winning-streak at the Golden Globes. Coming up on February 26th, La La Land is showing signs it may sweep in some big Oscar wins as well, having 14 nomination which was (the same nomination as Titanic). According to a Rolling Stone article, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are once more nominated for Best Actress and Best Actor. Emma Stone will be competing with the amazing Isabelle Huppert (Elle), Ruth Negga (Loving), Natalie Portman (Jackie), Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins).

The Oscars illustration

The nomination of Natalie Portman is perhaps the biggest competition in Best Actress — she did amazingly in the film Jackie, with her tragic portrayal of the once-first lady to the late John F Kennedy, on the day of his assassination.

Natalie Portman illustration

Emma Stone and Natalie Portman expressed the feeling of a woman’s heart truthfully, both dealing with the emotion of love so honestly, each one nailed it.

Emma Stone illustration

I can’t wait to see the final results this Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 PM ET on ABC. Hope this night will be lucky for everyone!

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World