photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Throw in the Bag: Your Spring Break Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Spring break is almost around the corner.  The week is a time for relaxation and keeping your mind off of school. Distressing and rejuvenating is a must. Whether you’re chilling at home binge watching shows and movies on Netflix, visiting family, going on a vacation, or simply hanging with friends, there is no spring break without a survival kit.

Here’s what you should have in your bag:

A little bronze for your tanning needs

Want a tan but aren’t going on a luxurious vacation to an exotic island where it’s always hot and the sun never stops shining? If your answer was “yes” then L’oreal’s Submline Bronze will help you get the tan you want without being in the hot sun. The self-tanning towelettes are a convenient and inexpensive way to add some tint to your skin while also protecting you from the harmful side-effects of tanning in the sun. L’oreal’s Submline Bronze is an essential item to have in your bag.

Sunscreen to protect your beautiful skin

If you are going to an exotic island, to the beach, or somewhere that isn’t cold, having sunscreen is key.  Alba Botanica‘s Hawaiian Sunscreen is exactly what you need to protect your beautiful and glowing skin. It’s not only good to use during spring break but also a great product to utilize afterwards. It’s light, non-greasy, and smells fresh. Don’t forget to apply  some before sitting out in the sun all day!

Keep the frizz away

One of the most annoying things that happens is when you style your hair first thing in the morning but as you go throughout the day, it becomes frizzy. Your hair goes from looking the bomb.com to a hot mess. Bed Head by TIGI can help keep your hair intact with their Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray. The fast-drying spray helps to protect from frizz and provides long-lasting shape without the weight. It helps to combat frizz for up to 72 hours. Just spray some on while you’re on the go and frizz will never show.

Add some volume

After using the Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray, don’t forget to apply the Queen for a Day Thickening Spray by TIGI. It helps create volume and texture so your hair feels thicker, fuller, and voluminous as well as conditions your hair so it feels smooth and soft. The thickening and finishing spray work hand-in-hand to ensure your hairstyle never drops out. You don’t want to be out and about with bland and rough hair. It’s always good to carry it with you in case you have a moment when your hair isn’t looking on fleek.  

Lipstick to keep your lips poppin’

Nowdays, having lipstick that lasts for a long period of time is a necessity. Va-Va’s Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick by Buxom is what you need to carry around with you to ensure your lips are always poppin’. The lipstick takes lip color to a whole new level. You won’t have to worry about it smearing or drying as it lasts up to 24 hours. Just throw it in your bag to give yourself some extra shine throughout the day.

Add some shade

To go along with your lipstick, add some eyeshadow to give you that extra pop. Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow comes in 15 different shades each with four finishes: satin, matte, metallic and glitter, which will give you a new look in four different ways. It’s easy to apply and depending on the shades you like, will complement your skin. 

Pop lock and drop it

PopSockets are the latest must-have for your phone. It’s a fun accessory that makes it easier to hold your phone, take better photos, watch videos on the go, and text securely with one hand because let’s face it, texting with one hand is one of the hardest things to do. All you have to do is expand the PopSocket and collapse to lay it flat. It will come in handy no matter where you go.

Don’t get too krazy

It’s never fun when you’re having a great day and your shoe strap breaks or the sole starts to fall apart and you have no way of fixing it. An easy life hack is having a tube of krazy glue in your bag to repair any damage. Keeping krazy glue with you will alleviate some stress that rises when things literally begin to break down.  

With these products, you’re bound to have an amazing, stress-free spring break. You’ll come back with a new attitude and ready to kick some ass for the new quarter.

Dominique is a 2018 graduate of SCAD Atlanta, where she received her MFA in Writing, and a chapter advisor for Her Campus. She hails from Greensboro, NC and is a proud HBCU grad from the illustrious Winston-Salem State University. When Dominique is not writing, she teaches it. She is all about writers being their authentic selves, even if it makes other people uncomfortable.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World